if an SG mated with a Firebird, this would be their bastard child

MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
edited May 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Nice to look at but I wouldn't buy one.

Really strange design... I wonder how it sounds.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    I've never played a Firebird, but I've read they have a warmer Les Paul-type sound than SGs do. so I would guess this is probably similar to a Firebird with SG appointments like headstock, pickguard, and color.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    That notonl;y looks cool, but has obviously been loved and played a hell of a alot. SAounds like a steal to me, rare and cool !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    RDs are cool. Not that versatile and didn't sell very well, which explains why it was discontinued, but it's unique and looks cool. I'd definitely consider getting one as a backup guitar. Although, probably wouldn't buy it in that awful colour, sunburst looks a lot better on RDs.

Dave Grohl used to play a RD Artist but then he smashed it up, he's said "RDs are awesome. It's like holding a kitchen table over your chest and having it scream like a jet airplane. I like that they're really heavy and can sound fat or bright. They're kind of nasty guitars -- played through a Boogie Rectifier, they sound completely insane." So it probably sounds more like a SG than a Firebird. Thurston Moore's used RDs before too.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen