think this multi adapter is any good?

MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
edited August 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.music123.com/Visual-Sound-1-Spot-Combo-Pack-150373-i1275625.Music123

I assume that it will power Boss pedals. anybody know if it will power a dunlop wah and a metal muff? and for that matter, what adapter exactly is needed to power a metal muff?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    lots of people use them and seem to be pretty happy with them. i've never myself though.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    The 1-spots are great, I use two of them for almost my entire board.
    I'm powering 14 pedals with two 1-spots (I only have 2 pedals that need a different power supply).
    Take a look: IMGP0407.jpg
    Cheers . . .

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • JoooooshJooooosh Posts: 74
    I've noticed a lot of people saying good things about them.
    Next time I order something from musiciansfriend I'm gonna buy one, $100+ is ridiculous for those brick power supplies.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    It depends on the power supply (a 9V 1spot in this case) and then the pedal itself. All recent Dunlop wahs (at least those made in the last 5 or so years) pretty much all run on 9V. Some EHX pedals are different (12V or 18V) but I'm pretty sure that the Metal Muff is standard type connector too, my friend has one and I think he runs all his pedals off the 1spot.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    If my board wasn't totally powered, I'd buy one.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • I don't think the 1 spot will work for Dunlop Wah pedal. All the Dunlop Wahs I have need an 18 V power supply.

HTH

...pie
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
  • I have one and it works fine... I got it a few years ago for like $20... I just figured it would somehow get some noise added to the flow or whatever, but that wasn't the case. For just playing around at home, it's a no brainer.

I have an dunlop crybaby and it uses a 9v battery, so the adapter works for it.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    thanks for the replies everybody.

Ian, I was thinking about getting one of those BBE boxes like you have there. you like? it's supposed to warm up/fatten and de-muddify the clean signal, right? do you have it plugged in the pedal chain or in the effect loop of the amp?
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    MLC2006 wrote:
    thanks for the replies everybody.

Ian, I was thinking about getting one of those BBE boxes like you have there. you like? it's supposed to warm up/fatten and de-muddify the clean signal, right? do you have it plugged in the pedal chain or in the effect loop of the amp?
    I have it at the end of my pedal chain before it hits the amp.
    I like it, it's not that noticable, but I think it does it's job - I just leave it on at about 6.5 and forget about it.
    I use to run the 1st half of my board direct to the amp, and all the modulation through the effects
    loop, but it just got to be too much will all the cables.
    Now I just run everything through the front of the amp.
    If I was running rack gear or a Boss GT-8 multieffects pedal it would be different.
    Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>