Fuckin' Up

J.D.J.D. Posts: 73
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Fellas, let's jam.

I just put this backing track together myself so we could solo over it.

No contest, no seeing who has the biggest balls, let's just play!

Load it onto you recorder, PC, whatever.

I'd really like to hear you guys wail over it and see what you're gettin for tone and stuff with all the badass gear floatin around.

If nobodys into it, just let me know.

http://webpages.charter.net/j.d./Jams/Fuckin_Up.mp3
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    J.D. wrote:
    Fellas, let's jam.

I just put this backing track together myself so we could solo over it.

No contest, no seeing who has the biggest balls, let's just play!

Load it onto you recorder, PC, whatever.

I'd really like to hear you guys wail over it and see what you're gettin for tone and stuff with all the badass gear floatin around.

If nobodys into it, just let me know.

http://webpages.charter.net/j.d./Jams/Fuckin_Up.mp3

I dunno how to record yet... I was JUST playing this song before I logged on.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    I dunno how to record yet... quote]
    same here...
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • J.D.J.D. Posts: 73
    I understand guys. i guess I kind took it for granted you were all up and running.

Here's couple of free programs to get your feet wet. Once you get these running, you just have to get your signal into the PC.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/

Micing the amp thru a mixer into your soundcard, line froma POD, something along those lines.

Even if you don't get to this jam, the software listed can get you going on your own stuff once you get the hang of it.

There's a bit of a learning curve, but I'm sure the guys around here, myself included, would be willing to lend a hand.
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    you sed something aboutmicing the amp through the pc's soundcard-what the hell do u mean?
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • J.D.J.D. Posts: 73
    Alot of soundcards have a Line in.

Run a mic to a mixer or somthing, and get that to the Line in.
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    Gimme a minute here and I'll go apeshit at it.
  • It's a great idea....I just need a microphone that's good. Right now I'm using the mic in my laptop and my tone sounds horrible...
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    Unfortunately, Garageband is giving me shit tonight.

'Tis a shame, because I just got a new wah courtesy of G. Teese.

:(

I'll keep the track handy and give it a whirl one of these days. I'm probably going to pick up a POD for practicing sometime soon anyways.
  • NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    Anyone want to put together a few pj songs? Someone play guitar then put it on here and then bass. And so forth?
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    Unfortunately, Garageband is giving me shit tonight.

'Tis a shame, because I just got a new wah courtesy of G. Teese.

:(

I'll keep the track handy and give it a whirl one of these days. I'm probably going to pick up a POD for practicing sometime soon anyways.

Matt, long time no see.......

How's the Teese?!?!?!

It finally came eh :)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
    Matt, long time no see.......

How's the Teese?!?!?!

It finally came eh :)

Yeah man, been busy.

Yeah, after 7 months, it finally came. It's a nifty little pedal, and like they said, it works better with mid-high gain situations. It does give a wicked ambient effect when rocked over a clean sound, but it totally kills with my amp boosted with an OD pedal.

It's not really a hendrix or stevie wah sound, more Cantrell, progish wah.