Help me out, folks.

Onion ManOnion Man Posts: 17
edited October 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm due for a new guitar. It's down to a standard Fender tele or the Schecter PT. Damn Eddie's influence on me. I have an old, beat up Fender telecaster and love the way the neck feels. I have smaller hands. I've tried out a bunch of guitars but always come back to the telecasters. Problem is, I kind of want something different but with the familiar telecaster look. I've called a bunch of places, looking for the PT so i could try it out. No luck. If i go with the PT, I'd have to order one online and it will pretty much be a blind purchase. I've read nothing but good reviews about it, though. They don't seem to go into much detail. Has anyone ever played one? How's the neck compared to a fender tele?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MishralMishral Posts: 211
    I have played one. I have not A-B tested it and compared with a telecaster, but I thought it was a really good guitar! Goodlooking as hell!

But I wouldn´t buy a guitar without trying it first since it differs so much from guitar to guitar.
    And also I think I would have gone with a Telecaster anyway. But that may be because of me really waniting one. :D
    "The things you own will end up owning you"
  • MishralMishral Posts: 211
    you've already got a tele, why not go with something else?

But you really should try the guitar out first. And try exactly the one you will buy!
    "The things you own will end up owning you"
  • Onion Man wrote:
    I'm due for a new guitar. It's down to a standard Fender tele or the Schecter PT. Damn Eddie's influence on me. I have an old, beat up Fender telecaster and love the way the neck feels. I have smaller hands. I've tried out a bunch of guitars but always come back to the telecasters. Problem is, I kind of want something different but with the familiar telecaster look. I've called a bunch of places, looking for the PT so i could try it out. No luck. If i go with the PT, I'd have to order one online and it will pretty much be a blind purchase. I've read nothing but good reviews about it, though. They don't seem to go into much detail. Has anyone ever played one? How's the neck compared to a fender tele?
    I have a mate from Perth who owns 2 teles. He has just moved to London (without his guitars) and bought a Schecter over there. He's lovin it!
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    what is your budget?
    There are a ton of options out there that are teleish and very much their own thing. Most of them are way cooler IMO.

Some places to start your search:
    vinettoguitars.com/index.html

http://www.kollguitars.com/

http://www.suhrguitars.com/
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board