Boss OC-2 Octave - Power off on startup?

Agree To DisagreeAgree To Disagree Posts: 19
edited March 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hi there,

I have a Boss OC-2 Octave pedal and when I turn on the power to all my pedals, it is the only one that starts on. Being a pedal you would only use on limited songs (Jeremy only), it is just a bit annoying having to turn it off every time. Anyone know if you can stop this?

Thanks
Astoria 20/4/06
Reading 27/8/06
Marseille 9/9/06
Wembley Arena 18/6/07
Nijmegen 28/6/07

Check out my PJ covers - http://www.youtube.com/wickedwkd
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Try unplugging it from everything, hitting the switch, and then plugging it all back in. I unno, it might work.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    I've tried that. It just stays on when you plug it in. I use it on Immortality, Jeremy, Why Go, and Evenflow. Do you know of any good settings? I have the direct effect cranked, the octave 1 at noon and the 2nd octave cranked.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Hi there,

I have a Boss OC-2 Octave pedal and when I turn on the power to all my pedals, it is the only one that starts on. Being a pedal you would only use on limited songs (Jeremy only), it is just a bit annoying having to turn it off every time. Anyone know if you can stop this?

Thanks

some boss pedals are just like that. nothing you can do, really.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    There are many pedal out there that do that (I have 5 on my board that do that - NOT only Boss - I have a very big board).
    Really no big deal because at least you know they're on - every time I practice I have to go over my board and turn off what I don't want on - but that's only once - NO BIGGIE.
    What sucks is that I have a pedal without an LED, and that stays in the position it was in when I turned the board off (if it was on when the board was turned off, it'll be on when I plug the board back in . . . now that sucks not even knowing if it's on or off until you start playing - it's screwed me up many times).
    Also, I have a Mister Super Cry Baby (volume/wah), that has a small red db boost button on the side - I have to turn that db on and off before I start playing or it's automatically in the boost position (there’s no LED telling you it’s engaged), in which case I can’t get my boards volume level correct, and everything gets boosted, and then i don't have the boost when I need it.
    One pedal starting in the on position (and tells you with a LED) is no big deal - you're lucky :)

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • my boss dd-5 and bd-2 both do that
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    My BD doesn't...hmmm. My Flender doesn't have an LED. It drive me insane too, I'll turn on my amp and sometimes, I get this huge feedback sound attacking me!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy