If you were to make it BIG. ?

bravesirrobinbravesirrobin Posts: 34
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
If you (personelly) were ever to make it big what would you do?
Finacially?
Socially ?
Physically?

anything different? It may depend on where you grew up or how. Or what ever the reason tell me why.
I like..to play. - Garth
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Finacially I would get a nice car and build a nice house
    Socially try to meet some of my music idiols and try out a few groupies
    Physically might let my hair grow a bit longer and let the beard out once in a while, other than that my physical shape is ok.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Love the screen name by the way.

Financially - I'd get a nice big house and car. Fill at least a room or two in my house full of every guitar and amp I've ever wanted.
    Socially - I don't think I'd be much different. I would hope I'm the type of guy that wouldn't let fame mess with my head.
    Physically - Probably nothing.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    bring a few friends along. Donate a bunch of money to charities I like.

Buy a big boat, and sail around the world to favorite surfing spots.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    Finacially? Buy a house on the ocean and one in the mountains. My kid would demand a half-pipe at each house. Give to charity. Quit work but do volunteer work in 3rd world countries.
    Socially ? No big changes, maybe visit extended family more often
    Physically? See how many of the big mountains I could scale. Surf the world. Snow, water or concrete - give me a board, I'll surf it.

I have a good life already. Hopefully if money was changing me family and friends would bring me back in line.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Financially- Just buy the essentials, and a bit more. Lots more musical gear, possibly build some kind of house in the middle of nowhere to practice, and also with a studio.

Socially- wouldn't change...I'll just make sure there's a clause in the contract that says I don't have to get my picture taken.

Physically- Rest, get more involved in the arts for influence...but mostly rest, due to the HUGE amounts of recording and touring...hopefully.
    I'd dance with you....
    ...but my hands are on fire.
  • This all sounds like a miss america pageant lol, but I guess I'll play. It's fun after all...

Financially - I'd just live comfortably, don't need a big house or 10 cars. I'd just live comfortably, a home with a recording studio in it. Not some big complex, don't need it.

Socially - I'd probably show my friends and family a good time. But just the people who stick with me throughout it all. If they've already said fuck you, well when I'm big, they can go fuck themselves too.

Physically - Who knows, not me. I probably wouldn't change much at all.
    Check out my band @ myspace.com

http://www.myspace.com/geniusofus
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I'd hire a monster lawyer, accountant, and financial analyst. Then, I'd get some hookers and a case of Rolling Rock...and have myself a jamboree.
  • I'd get drunk.
  • I'd buy a ticket to Pearl Jam off Ebay...
    I don't live today.....Maybe tomorrow?-Jimi Hendrix
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Probable better if I don't get there, I'd be very arrogant. I am quit sure of that.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I'd buy a ticket to Pearl Jam off Ebay...

Classic! :D
  • andrewcx13andrewcx13 Posts: 1
    financially: buy just about every random guitar you could think of. 3 more fender jag-stangs, a few vintage danelectro's, telecaster deluxes, marshall jcm 800 half stack. fender twin reverb (1980's 135 watt model). a few fender jaguars (olympic white and lake placid blue) a few vintage fender mustangs, and a place to put em all. a new van for the band, a trailer for equipment. hard shell cases for everything (anvil cases). a small house that has a basement far from neighbors so i can blast my new amps. he he he he.

socially: really work on getting my political views out there and actually do something with them. put some money into presidential candidate who won't support any type of war. as well finally meet some of my heros who helped to shape my dream to make it.

physically: finally finish my tattoo sleeves. get some really good artists to put em on me. my hair's already long but i wouldn't let it stop just yet. just get some gorgeous ink. (i'm surprised no one else has said this yet. are there no fellow inked people up here?)