Anyone ever have a vivid dream so good?

bravesirrobinbravesirrobin Posts: 34
edited May 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone ever dream about playing some new technique that yourre unable to play or something you can hear but were never quite able to play? For example I had a dream about rolling hard core on the snare and toms (8-9 beats before reaching the break in something like a 8 beat) around 2 years after I started playing which was about 5 years ago. Its one of those kinds of dreams were you wake up, wide awake and just have to smoke a cig and think about it untill its time to go to work, which could be hours. It was as if in my dream I was finally able to see the light. My point is that maybe not just the next day but soon after the dream I could feel the beat in my head and just surprised my self with being able to play faster and learning a new kick ass beat in a matter of seconds. Is it just me that experienced this or is this a common thing? cause I really cant even begin to explain dreams, how they work .
I like..to play. - Garth
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RoddersRodders Posts: 20
    I wish.....

but I have had a dream where I was totally aware that I was dreaming. I could think very clearly about where I was and where I wanted to go, and that it was a bit freaky so I'd best wake myself up. Once I woke up a instantly realised that I could have had some fun so I tried to get back to sleep.....alas it hasn't happened since!

I need the dream where my head understands how to play guitar more quickly and tunefully. The I need the fingers to do it.
  • yeah I know what kind of dream yourre talking about and its simular to that, like a totally unabstract vivid dream that nightmares are made of. But every once in while instead of dreaming of nightmares (unimaginable conscience fear) I get poler opposite dreams of love... or understanding of reason or everything good, and not currently but sometimes I dream up a dream of something that words cant express... or maybe I just forget them to fast to be able to remember.
    I like..to play. - Garth
    For the past year or so I've been having those kind of enlightening thoughts very regular, but outside of sleep. Perhaps my mind goes into an unconscious state without really sleeping.

It's been great though, I've found a refreshing new approach to everything in life that makes everything seem do-able. Problem is, I still haven't had enlightenment on guitar - other than to realise that I'm no good after all !!!
  • this is off subject but you ever have the dream were your freaking out like theres no tommorow and you try and try again to wake yourself up but you cant get up, so you try to yell and you find out the next day your girl is telling you that you were screaming in your sleep again? Man I hate those but atleast it gets the old heart rate up, and you feel like you had a good scary adventure once you wake up. But while its happening its scary as shit.
    I like..to play. - Garth
    No, but that would worry me!?
  • Rodders wrote:
    No, but that would worry me!?

Yeah thats what my my thieopist said too.
    I like..to play. - Garth