Jackson DKMG Dinky or Schecter Hallraiser FR

New Orleans DudeNew Orleans Dude Posts: 61
edited September 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
im in the search of a new guitar and have narrowed it down to these two guitars. wanted something with a floyd rose and fast neck. found both of those here. both have emg 81 and 85. you can read if anyone has ever owned/played these or heard good/bad things about them, any info will help. thanks
Jackson-DKMG-Dinky?sku=512231
Schecter-Hellraiser-C1-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=513134
im awesome
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I don't own those exact guitars, but I do have ESP's with 81's.

I really like those pups. They have a huge range, from the high gain sound they are known for, but able to clean up easily on the vomume knob, and being able to push your amp into overdrive easily on playing dynamics.
    I have read plenty of peeps saying teh Schecter is exceptional value for money, and a very good guitar. JAckson have been doing that style of git for a long time, and there is no reason why it should not be just as good.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    if u could go for a little more cash i would get a carvin carve top with floyd rose and put the emgs in myself...those guitars are amazing
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • im already kinda pushing it with the cash lol.

and thanks for the feedback on your experience with EMGs.
    im awesome
  • I've owned a schecter and really liked it. Great buy for the $
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • 1+ on the Schecter, really good quality there.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • thanks for the opinions. im probably getting the schecter
    im awesome