Jeff and the 12-strings.....

The LurkerThe Lurker Posts: 25
edited October 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hi y'all, I'm new here. I'm trying to put together a list of all the songs Jeff used his 12-strings on-- does anyone know where I could find some of this info?

I think I have most of the obvious ones-- Jeremy, Animal, Go, Deep, Why Go, Leash, Blood, Habit*... and some like Breakerfall I'm just not sure of.

This is, however, just going by my ears, and I could be wrong, and I could also be missing many of them, so if someone could help I'd greatly appreciate it.

My ears tell me Present Tense is a 12-string with a flanger, but I could be wrong.

*Also, is it true that Stone played bass on Habit?

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stone didn't play bass on habit. (or maybe he did on the recorded version, but i doubt it)

he DID play bass on Other Side (b-side Riot Act) and Jeff played guitar.

i don't think he used it on present tense because the bass solos at the end sound like a 4 string... but then again i've never seen that song being played.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • ok, this is the sort of info I'm looking for..... many thanks, bring it on!
  • I'm still working on this....anyone know if there's some way I could drop the man himself or the management a line and ask them personally?
  • The Lurker wrote:
    Hi y'all, I'm new here. I'm trying to put together a list of all the songs Jeff used his 12-strings on-- does anyone know where I could find some of this info?

I think I have most of the obvious ones-- Jeremy, Animal, Go, Deep, Why Go, Leash, Blood, Habit*... and some like Breakerfall I'm just not sure of.

This is, however, just going by my ears, and I could be wrong, and I could also be missing many of them, so if someone could help I'd greatly appreciate it.

My ears tell me Present Tense is a 12-string with a flanger, but I could be wrong.

*Also, is it true that Stone played bass on Habit?

Thanks!

The SNL version of Rearviewmirror has Jeff using his 12 string electric bass. I know for a fact however, when I saw him live earlier in May, he didn't use it. Thought you might like to know that. Stone plays Bass on Smile while Jeff plays lead guitar.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • yeah, I think the last time I saw Jeff using a 12ver was around 2000 or 2001...More recently he seems to have done those songs on 4-strings, and the 12ver gets brought out just for Jeremy....can kinda understand why, myself, I have a Hamer 12 (different model) and they can be a bit of a challenge onstage....
  • The Lurker wrote:
    yeah, I think the last time I saw Jeff using a 12ver was around 2000 or 2001...More recently he seems to have done those songs on 4-strings, and the 12ver gets brought out just for Jeremy....can kinda understand why, myself, I have a Hamer 12 (different model) and they can be a bit of a challenge onstage....
    Its also brought out for Why Go
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy