Just me? or a lot of Teles and P90 guitars

supa_scoopasupa_scoopa Posts: 19
edited May 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Haven't read or seen a lot about the Pearl Jam live tour but from what I have gathered lots of p90 guitars or Telecasters.
1992 Lollapalooza Detroit
1998 Cleveland
2000 Columbus
2004 Toledo
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Well, Ed normally prefered Tele style guitars anyway, and it now seems his main axe is a Tele style with a P90. Stone uses a tele, and Mike uses a LP special every once in a while with P90s.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • supa_scoopasupa_scoopa Posts: 19
    well are the Strats and Les Pauls making it on stage this tour?!?
    1992 Lollapalooza Detroit
    1998 Cleveland
    2000 Columbus
    2004 Toledo
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    well are the Strats and Les Pauls making it on stage this tour?!?

Haven't seen them yet this tour, but I'm sure they are. I can't see Mike playing anything other than his Strat for Yellow Ledbetter.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Didn't Mike smash a strat at Chicago 1?
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    Novawind wrote:
    Didn't Mike smash a strat at Chicago 1?

No way really!?!!?

Whered you hear that ???
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    i know Mike pulled out a blue Strat at Hartford...could this Blue be RIP now?

And his main guitar is the Gibson LP Junior with a P90 i believe.

-Seth
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    moster78 wrote:
    Haven't seen them yet this tour, but I'm sure they are. I can't see Mike playing anything other than his Strat for Yellow Ledbetter.
    Are you going to the shows?
    Mike is playing his usual axes.
    He plays what the song dictates.
    He uses a 59 double cut TV jr on all the new tracks.
    He uses a Gretsch Nashville on a couple tunes
    He uses a Tele on 1 or 2 songs
    He uses a couple new Strats
    The Flying V is busted out for Present Tense
    The EDS 1275 is busted out for Severed Hand I believe
    Other then the few additions Mike is playing the same stuff he always has.
    His amps have changed. He has 2 new cabs now, both Marshalls. He destroyed his last new one in Chicago #2, but did not destroy his Strat.
    He is using Fender tweeds
    Mike is using an Ovation, a Tele, a Les Paul plain top and Gold Top and his array of acoustics.
    Ed is playing his p90 Tele, a Ric and an electric Sitar, plus his acoustic.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    JofZ wrote:
    His amps have changed. He has 2 new cabs now, both Marshalls. He destroyed his last new one in Chicago #2, but did not destroy his Strat.
    Mike is using an Ovation, a Tele, a Les Paul plain top and Gold Top and his array of acoustics.

Haven't yet, I have the two that close out this leg in Jersey at the end of next week and I can't wait. Half the fun is seeing the different stuff Mike busts out. Just trying to explain to the topic starter what you basically just listed for us, that they mix it up.
  • surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    JofZ wrote:
    I've seen Mike do some strange switch ups. He played the first seven songs of Montreal '05 on the same telecaster. Those songs were Release, Corduroy, Last Exit, Save You, Animal, I Believe In Miracles and Light Years. Sounded great, strange to see.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
    surferdude wrote:
    I've seen Mike do some strange switch ups. He played the first seven songs of Montreal '05 on the same telecaster. Those songs were Release, Corduroy, Last Exit, Save You, Animal, I Believe In Miracles and Light Years. Sounded great, strange to see.

This tour is completely different, Mike's HOB rig was totally different and that was just a few months back.
    This new rig is here for the term of the 06 tour and while he is working out the bugs, he sounds great!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    JofZ wrote:
    This tour is completely different, Mike's HOB rig was totally different and that was just a few months back.
    This new rig is here for the term of the 06 tour and while he is working out the bugs, he sounds great!

I hope my seats are on his side. Every set of 10C seats I have, aside from once on the floor, have been on his side.
    moster78 wrote:
    I hope my seats are on his side. Every set of 10C seats I have, aside from once on the floor, have been on his side.

The 10C has been hooking all of us up on the tour, so you should be in good shape. I had stone's side for 2 and then 10th row on mikes side for the last one. I have 7th center for Summerfest and I cant wait.
    I wasn't sure about his jr until I got to see it up close, it is as real as it gets along with his Nashville and Burst and of course his Sunburst Strat. He did use a couple new Strats and a Black Beauty LP so maybe he is just looking to make sure his old stuff hangs around for a little while longer :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    The 10C has been hooking all of us up on the tour, so you should be in good shape. I had stone's side for 2 and then 10th row on mikes side for the last one. I have 7th center for Summerfest and I cant wait.
    I wasn't sure about his jr until I got to see it up close, it is as real as it gets along with his Nashville and Burst and of course his Sunburst Strat. He did use a couple new Strats and a Black Beauty LP so maybe he is just looking to make sure his old stuff hangs around for a little while longer :)

A split for each show would be nice too. One on Stone's side, the other on Mike's. I just hope they throw together an impressive set list both night. I'm not that worried considering what they're done so far this tour. I just better get to hear RVM at least once!
    No way really!?!!?

Whered you hear that ???

No need to get sarcastic. I can't say I've followed all the details of this tour religiously so I was just asking if anyone knew more about it.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
    Novawind wrote:
    No need to get sarcastic. I can't say I've followed all the details of this tour religiously so I was just asking if anyone knew more about it.

No man....actually :)

I wasn't being sacrastic at all :(:(

I was away all weekend and have kinda been out of the loop....

Sorry for any confusion :)

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146

and another fight avoided by people acting mature in the M&G forum :)

cool beans.
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13

No harm, no foul. But yeah apparently he went balls-out on evenflow and smashed it into a Marshall at the end of the solo I think.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
    Novawind wrote:
    No harm, no foul. But yeah apparently he went balls-out on evenflow and smashed it into a Marshall at the end of the solo I think.

Cool cool......thanks for the info :)

.NJD.