Question for musicians on these 2 songs

DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
edited May 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Question for musicians or people with musical ability only!

2 Songs that are considered very good musically, that I do like, that I was curious about - I've heard many people who play guitar especially say that they like the songs, structure, etc. Even if you don't like the band, what can you say about these two tunes -

Metallica - Master of Puppets & GNR - November Rain
I'll keep taking punches
Untill their will grows tired
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I don't really understand what your asking.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • master of puppets rocks. one of the best metallica songs, period.

November Rain = overplayed... but the solo at the end is fucking ridiculous.

;)
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    I don't really understand what your asking.

Sorry about that - I wanted to know if you liked these songs musically, and what about them if anything , did you think was cool -

The post after yours pointed out the Slash's solo on NRain, that was kinda what I was looking for. Just a general feel from musicians on them -
    I'll keep taking punches
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Master of Puppets is a good workout if you need to tighten up on those palm-muting skills.

November Rain has a nice chord progression, and is total pop rock dressed up as rock and roll.
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    enharmonic wrote:
    Master of Puppets is a good workout if you need to tighten up on those palm-muting skills.

November Rain has a nice chord progression, and is total pop rock dressed up as rock and roll.

Interesting take - Thanks
    I'll keep taking punches
  • Master Of Puppets really takes you all over the place I think, although I've never played the whole thing.

I've never tried November Rain........
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Señor BoSeñor Bo Posts: 68
    I used to play in a Metallica cover band some 8 years ago, vocals and James' guitar. Master of Puppets was always my favorite to play, always had a blast with it.
    I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month.
  • still today i have a ritual to listen to november rain, so incredible the music is... it is perfect.. the piano, the orchestra, the vocals, the backing vocals, the bass (and i don't like duff too much as a player), and of course, the solos have speed and feeling.. i love that music..

master of puppets is an incredible music as well... powerful, well constructed..

i think they're both gold songs.. that kind you can't say "this chord didn't sound well" or "the solo could have more of this or that".. they're awsome!
    [ 14 ]
    san diego '06 | los angeles '06 | los angeles '06 | san francisco '06 | seattle '09 | salt lake city '09 | los angeles '09 | los angeles '09 | philadelphia '09 | arras '10 | lisbon '10 | berlin '12 | oslo '12 | copenhagen '12