mikes amp-trentino

reaching handsreaching hands Posts: 370
edited June 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
trentino amps.....has anyone got any info on them?

i can't find anything of them but they sure look sweet and sound awesome too....any links are would be gratefully apprciated

leeds 26/08/06....electric
paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nickydeannickydean Posts: 40

i can't find anything of them but they sure look sweet and sound awesome too....any links are would be gratefully apprciated

Custom built amps made by their guitar tech Sal Trentino.
  • cheers

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • im sure after a couple flights, a sit down with sal, and a nice 5 figure cheque, you can have one of his amps.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    im sure after a couple flights, a sit down with sal, and a nice 5 figure cheque, you can have one of his amps.

Not a chance!
    Sal is not well, has not made anyone any amps other then PJ and has no plans to make anyone any amps.

It is nice to see them on tour again and I am sure Sal is happy as well.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • JofZ wrote:
    Not a chance!
    Sal is not well, has not made anyone any amps other then PJ and has no plans to make anyone any amps.

It is nice to see them on tour again and I am sure Sal is happy as well.

i know he has a few kickin it out there... for the right price i know he would build one, lets just say this though, you dont have alot of time to custom build, then point to point solder an entire amp while touring with pearl jam.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • they look so damn cool, sound sweet....i suppose i'l stick with my jcm900

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I'd kill for your amp^.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    im sure after a couple flights, a sit down with sal, and a nice 5 figure cheque, you can have one of his amps.

yeah but Sal isn't feeling too great. Why not just fly to Europe, sit down with Bjorn, write the Mad Professor team that nice five figure check and get a Mad Prof to match your favorite Burst? :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    i know he has a few kickin it out there... for the right price i know he would build one, lets just say this though, you dont have alot of time to custom build, then point to point solder an entire amp while touring with pearl jam.

I think you are misinformed!
    When someone is too ill to work there is no amount of money that will make them feel better.
    I know he will not build another amp! He also serviced amps, didn't build them. So the other Sal amps are modded amps, not like Mike's and Stone's which are one offs.

Hey Pac, my Mad Prof has landed. I got the call today. She flew over and landed safely this morning :) I have never had an amp flown over before hehehe.
    Green tolex with a matching green footswitch. I'll post photos of everything.
    You need to email me ASAP, I need your help starting Thursday night.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Mr moneybags strikes again!
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • I'd kill for your amp^.

its only a 100 watt combo not a stack, it does its job, i like it anyhow, i got it cheap at £200 i think (was 5 yrs ago, can't remeber what happened 5 mins ago)

• ampguyampguy Posts: 7
    Sal made 5 custom amps of his own design. I am fortunate enough to own one. Each one is slightly different, even Mike and Stones. They are the best amps I've ever seen or heard.

• nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    May I ask how much you paid for this little beauty?
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • ampguyampguy Posts: 7
    we go on walks every month or so. He's doing better after a couple of surgeries over the past couple of years.

Sal didn't make money (a profit) on the few he built, but it was something he wanted to do for a long time and he's very proud of them, as he should be.
    nailz100 wrote:
    May I ask how much you paid for this little beauty?
  • ampguy wrote:
    we go on walks every month or so. He's doing better after a couple of surgeries over the past couple of years.

Sal didn't make money (a profit) on the few he built, but it was something he wanted to do for a long time and he's very proud of them, as he should be.

thats pretty cool, you are part of an elite few

• its only a 100 watt combo not a stack, it does its job, i like it anyhow, i got it cheap at £200 i think (was 5 yrs ago, can't remeber what happened 5 mins ago)

Its only a 100 watt? That sounds about 50 watts to many for my tube amp ears!!!!!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Its only a 100 watt? That sounds about 50 watts to many for my tube amp ears!!!!!

i miss qoted myself, i was saying its only a combo, not a stack; makin out its bloody powerfull for a combo, think i have it set to 50 watts at the mo, ya can do that with my amp, or can you do it with every one?, i dunno.

don't know about anyone else, does anybody else love the smell of tubes when you turn your amp off??