What Pearl Jam song do you enjoy playing the most?

reaching handsreaching hands Posts: 370
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
i get a great kick out of playing pearl jam songs on my guitar, personal fav's have to be immortality, Faithfull (what a fat riff), ebowing along with No Way, Save you, the list goes on, if you can get that tone thats half the battle, i love it!

If theres any musicians in Leeds wanting to jam, shout out!

leeds 26/08/06....electric
paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    parting ways
  • FNYNKEZFNYNKEZ Posts: 75
    off he goes , RVM, SOLAT
    I never really cared about you
    I never really got to thinking about you
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Yellow Ledbetter with the 'Little Wing' tag.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Great Thread!!

Elderly Woman
    Betterman
    Yellow Ledbetter
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Not For You . . . but it's difficulty keeps me from playing it often.

Other then that, I Got Id is a personal fav.
  • Jason P wrote:
    Not For You . . . but it's difficulty keeps me from playing it often.

Other then that, I Got Id is a personal fav.

shit i forgot 'i got shit', love whacking on the reverb and delay and doing the solo, i can get lost in that. RVM too, such a buzz

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

• casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    Yellow Ledbetter, cause the improvising around the E, B and A pattern is actually improving my - ahum - 'lead skills'.
  • ive found i've started to emphasise and accent chords and notes exactly (well, you know) like stone or mike would. i love to whack my stereo up loud and jam along

its like being in pearl jam (how sad eh?, im 24, not 11!lol)

• enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    My Humps

Though it would be much better if I had someone to sing backups on "My Lady Lumps" like Matt does for Ed.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Any song of their's that I can manage to play is alright with me!
  • Dead Man is a great song to play

my favorite is DTE
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • nickydeannickydean Posts: 40
    By my self - Yellow Ledbetter, RVM

With band - Even Flow, Blood

Oh, good times...
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    Porch, Corduroy, and Yellow Ledbetter
  • elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    was yellow ledbetter, porch is just kind of happens when i'm not paying attention

but Hail Hail is great. love it. groovin' up and down the neck.
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Corduroy, In My Tree, Porch and Hail Hail probably. Sometimes, Long Road and Footsteps are also fun.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I would have to say Sad at this moment. I love playing that main riff. I guess the other ones that are up there are: I Got Shit, Light Years, Long Road, Thumbing My Way, Low Light, Gone, and Man of the Hour. What the hell is up with me and Ed songs? The only one on there not an Ed song is "Low Light"? I am almost afraid to say my next on the list was probably "Parting Ways"
  • i'm getting into playing WWS now, the list goes on.............

• not that good...but i like to attempt to play dissident, long road, corduroy,think i even could manage a bit of satan's bed
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh
    5/3/03 State College
    7/12/03 Hershey
    10/1/04 Reading
    9/19/05 Toronto
    coming soon:
    5/20/06 Cleveland
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
  • I forgot to mention Down (acoustic) :)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    Comatose is pretty simple, along with WWS. I also like playing Alive, intro to Corduroy, Save You, I Am Mine, Ghost, Not For You, Dead Man (Drop D tuning) and I'm trying to learn Yellow Ledbetter (I can play the first two measures)
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    Present Tense 'cause it takes you all over the musical spectrum!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • armyreservearmyreserve Posts: 209
    Faithfull has an amazing riff! I love it!
    10/06/91 Hollywood, CA; 05/13/92 Hollywood, CA; 09/02/93 Hollywood, CA; 11/05/93 Indio, CA; 11/07/95 San Diego, CA; 03/29/98 (Dead Man Walking - The Concert) Los Angeles, CA; 07/13/98 Inglewood, CA; 10/24/00 Los Angeles, CA; 10/28/00 Devore, CA;07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/30/09 Universal City, CA; 10/01/09 Universal City, CA
  • hands down Corduroy, it was my first song l learnt myself and the best
    lov amzoxo
  • Right on dude!!!!!
  • Banana-RamaBanana-Rama Posts: 108
    Nothingman and Wishlist (they are easy and two of my fav PJ songs of all time :D )
    "If you should die before me, ask if you could bring a friend" - STP

"Frugality without creativity is deprivation." - Amy Dacyczyn

Proud Supporter of the CAROLINA HURRICANES. GO CANES GO!!!
  • leethalleethal Posts: 134
    I love to play gone because it sounds great by yourself and you can play with the rythm in the verse.

I love the way it flows from the verse to the bridge to the choruse back to the verse. So fun to play and not bad to listen too either.

A lot of stuff from the Beyanora Hall is fun to play aswell
  • we play Lukin and people look at us like we have unicorn horns growing out of our foreheads............. one time this chick comes up and asks us if we know Tone Loc's "wild thing" our singer say yeah we know that and turns around to me and says play Lukin..........i count 4 and we tear into it..........the chick looked completely terrified...........one of my fav. on stage moments.........haha
    "Drumming is my madness" - Ringo Starr