epiphone les paul junior '57 re-issue

reaching handsreaching hands Posts: 370
edited July 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
anyone own one?, would love one , found one in tv yellow, p-100 dogear pup, but they seem limited compared to the normal junior £90 model, anyone know of any decent suppliers in the UK??

leeds 26/08/06....electric
paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    In my experience, you get what you pay for. If it's not your first guitar, I would say go for something a little more invested, say an Epi Les Paul standard or Fender Strat level. The low end Epis have a reputation for being just that, low end. The action will probably be uncomfortable, the neck and tuners probably won't be that great, and you probably shouldn't expect much out of the stock pups.

If you're looking for a beater guitar to pass around to your friends I guess that's a different story, but if you're looking for a quality guitar for yourself, I'd say save up a bit more.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Looked for a more cost effected P-90 guitar try a Reverend, or a Godin. Much better quality
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • strange cos i have seen good reviews on harmony central

i'd rather have one than a epi les paul standard. i'l keep thinking bout it, its certainly not my first guitar, my experience of epi's are pretty good, i had a sheraton II 8 years ago and it was nice, held tune nicely, put together well, sounded awesome but was just too big for me and travelling in the end.

i'd only pay around £40 for a standard junior but the re-issues (this one for £179, a limited run from the US) seem to be a little better quality unfortunatly they seem to be rare over here and more available in the US.

maybe im gettin hooked on the TV yellow?:)

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Looked for a more cost effected P-90 guitar try a Reverend, or a Godin. Much better quality
    +1
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • strange cos i have seen good reviews on harmony central

i'd rather have one than a epi les paul standard. i'l keep thinking bout it, its certainly not my first guitar, my experience of epi's are pretty good, i had a sheraton II 8 years ago and it was nice, held tune nicely, put together well, sounded awesome but was just too big for me and travelling in the end.

i'd only pay around £40 for a standard junior but the re-issues (this one for £179, a limited run from the US) seem to be a little better quality unfortunatly they seem to be rare over here and more available in the US.

maybe im gettin hooked on the TV yellow?:)

Juniors, necks are soft, frets need filed down.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/