matt's gear

michaelcassiomichaelcassio Posts: 72
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
from looking at the photos, it looks like matt changed which types of zildjians he's using for this tour. i think he used to use z's for his crashes and now it looks like he's using normal a's. anyone know anything about this? also does anyone know what size his drums and cymbals are? thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• from looking at the photos, it looks like matt changed which types of zildjians he's using for this tour. i think he used to use z's for his crashes and now it looks like he's using normal a's. anyone know anything about this? also does anyone know what size his drums and cymbals are? thanks!

he mixes it up show to show for cymbals, its never really consistant except for the fact that it is A or Z customs. As for drum sizes, maybe check yamaha's site for specifics.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • As far as I can tell, Even Matt doesn't know which cymbals he's using. Most of the pics/footage I've seen has him using different cymbals at different stages of a tour, albeit in a similar configuration.

As for the kit, it appears (and sounds) to be a fusion kit, but I could be wrong.
  • Vedder-Man wrote:
    As far as I can tell, Even Matt doesn't know which cymbals he's using. Most of the pics/footage I've seen has him using different cymbals at different stages of a tour, albeit in a similar configuration.

As for the kit, it appears (and sounds) to be a fusion kit, but I could be wrong.

He has a custom birch kit from yamaha. His cymbals vary on several circumstances i figure. the venue they play, the set list they have, and just what he prefers on show day.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Tangent from this question - does anyone know if there have been major changes in Matt's cymbals from 2000 tour, and the post 2000 tour. The shows I have heard on that tour (2000) the cymbals sound much more "trashy" if that makes any sense. As if he was playing a crash ride instead of a straight up ride during that tour. Just wanted to know if anyone had any specifics.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • EBowieEBowie Posts: 532
    I have posted exstensively in the past, regarding Matt's gear. If you can find it by searching try that...I just don't have the time right now to type it up. As far as up-to-date (within reason) gear, go to zildjian.com or yamaha.com.
  • He should stick with the A Customs. I feel like Z's are loud and obnoxious... even for a band that rocks as hard as PJ at times.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • He should stick with the A Customs. I feel like Z's are loud and obnoxious... even for a band that rocks as hard as PJ at times.

Z's are not loud, they are resonant....big difference.