Its okay

RocksmySocksRocksmySocks Posts: 29
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hello everyone,

I'm sure you all recall the Daughter/"It's Ok" tag off Touring Band 2000 dvd. I was searching for quite a while to try and find the bass tabs for this song and i cant seem to find it anywhere.

I never heard of this Dead Moon band, unfortunetly, but that song is so amazingly beautiful i wanna play it lol. Im not sure if its just Pearl Jam who made it good but regardless, if anyone has/knows the bass tab for it i would be very greatful if you could post the tab or the link.

Thanks in advance!
Keep On Rockin
Keep on Rockin'
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    Pearl Jams live version of this song blows away Dead Moons studio version. It's a punk band, and the D.I.Y. recording kinda ruins the song, especially the punk/ growled vocals. I'm not really a fan of this type of recording, but I know a lot are, so there are probably many that disagree with me. It just brings a different mood to the song- almost saterical- as opposed to PJ's optimstic mood in the song.

As far as the bass line- doesn't it just follow the guitar's? If so it's just a standard "punk" progression. E-B-C#-A, played on the fifth and sixth string. On the bass that would be third and fourth I guess.
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    The Guitar chords are:
    E
    B
    C#
    A

Repeat throughout song. I don't know about bass, but you should be able to figure it out from that.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • evenflow wrote:
    Pearl Jams live version of this song blows away Dead Moons studio version. It's a punk band, and the D.I.Y. recording kinda ruins the song, especially the punk/ growled vocals. I'm not really a fan of this type of recording, but I know a lot are, so there are probably many that disagree with me. It just brings a different mood to the song- almost saterical- as opposed to PJ's optimstic mood in the song.

As far as the bass line- doesn't it just follow the guitar's? If so it's just a standard "punk" progression. E-B-C#-A, played on the fifth and sixth string. On the bass that would be third and fourth I guess.

Thanks alot! that really helped here is what i figured out for whoever wants it. That is correct or at least to my ear sounds correct... this isn't ideal place for tab but lets hope it works.

Standard Tuning: EADG
    Time Sig: 4/4

all in 16 notes just repeat until end of the song

G|-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-|
    |
    D|
    |-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-|
    A|
    |
    |
    E|
    |
    |
    1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &

G|
    |
    |
    D|-11-11-11-11-11-11-11-11-|-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7--|
    A|
    |
    |
    E|
    |
    |
    1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &

-Note- Im am very very new in the musical word and at tabing (4months roughly) so my tabs might not be the best so yea any tips on how to improve would be very helpful too :D

Edit: for some reason 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & wont be placed under the measures but.. you get the point i hope ><!
    Keep on Rockin'