Question

RocksmySocksRocksmySocks Posts: 29
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
If i were to buy a speaker cabinet amp (for bass) could i use my combo amp which i have right now and hook it up to the cabinet and use it as an amp head?

My combo amp right now is a small amp by Mega Amp company nothing special with active and passive inputs and headset which is all as far i know.

Speaker Cabinet im thinking of buying is an Ashdown MAG 410T 4X10"
Keep on Rockin'
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    Theoretically I think you could, but I guess it would depend on how powerfull it is....
  • PJ-Sin wrote:
    Theoretically I think you could, but I guess it would depend on how powerfull it is....

cabinet is 450W, MegaAmp is something like 43W
    Keep on Rockin'
  • If i were to buy a speaker cabinet amp (for bass) could i use my combo amp which i have right now and hook it up to the cabinet and use it as an amp head?

My combo amp right now is a small amp by Mega Amp company nothing special with active and passive inputs and headset which is all as far i know.

Speaker Cabinet im thinking of buying is an Ashdown MAG 410T 4X10"

If you combo has external speaker jacks, your all set. Solid state amp will adjust the ohms for you
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/