Epiphone EJ200

Kermit O'LearyKermit O'Leary Posts: 240
edited January 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Just ordered one!! Hoping its gunna be as good as it looks/sounds!

Anyone on the board got one of these??? Would be good to get some honest opinions in terms of playability, value for money etc
'Life comes from within your heart and desire'

~~Wembley 2000, Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007~~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Just ordered one!! Hoping its gunna be as good as it looks/sounds!

Anyone on the board got one of these??? Would be good to get some honest opinions in terms of playability, value for money etc

if it's one of the masterbuilts like I'm thinking you should love it.

The ones Ive played the rosewood and spruce models I thought were excellent. No it's not a solid guitar and won't ring like a 3000 dollar Breedlove or Taylor but for the money... outstanding. You'll love it.

I do love the even sound of maple. My current acoustic is all maple. You'll get the spruce top I think and maple back and sides. Should be nice and even to bright, the big body helps the bass. It's pretty similar to what Pete Townsend plays though obviously cheaper than the Gibson jumbos. I generally play light acoustic or .12's but I'd be tempted to go to medium for some richness on that one.

Congrats.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    if it's one of the masterbuilts like I'm thinking you should love it.

The ones Ive played the rosewood and spruce models I thought were excellent. No it's not a solid guitar and won't ring like a 3000 dollar Breedlove or Taylor but for the money... outstanding. You'll love it.

http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=77&CollectionID=9

This is the one! Thanks for your thoughts! Cant wait to play the classic pj acoustics on it!! Especially Low Light!!
    'Life comes from within your heart and desire'

~~Wembley 2000, Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007~~
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=77&CollectionID=9

This is the one! Thanks for your thoughts! Cant wait to play the classic pj acoustics on it!! Especially Low Light!!

you also absolutely must learn "Drowned" the who from Quadrophenia. Pete plays it solo on the gibson version of your guitar on the Live at Royal Albert Hall DVD and it's just incredible.

You'll be plugging into a compressor and amp in no time.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.