edited June 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Oh yeah.
Hold on to the thread.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Really?!?!
    That's awesome.

I've honestly never heard of Drum Magazine before but that's still cool!
    :)
  • not4unot4u Posts: 512
    He can Bring tons of new fans to pearl jam. The man is fantastic and worthy. He is the best drummer in rock right now... possibly one of the best in history. Of course most notibly for his drumming and backing vocals in 'pearl jam' for sure.
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Wow, cool. He must have been there before; if not, it's LONG over due.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    not4u wrote:
    He is the best drummer in rock right now... possibly one of the best in history.

No possibly about it. Matt is right up there with Bonham, Moon, Cobham, Starr, Peart, etc. His style is singular, and there's no one quite like him.
  • dan_vedderdan_vedder Posts: 213
    Seriously how fuckin good is matt?? fukin love that guy
    Ten Club member 363***

7/11/06, 8/11/06, 18/11/06

escape is never the safest plan...
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    dan_vedder wrote:
    Seriously how fuckin good is matt?? fukin love that guy

Amen my friend.

That guy is nuts on the kit.
    I love watching that guy pound 'em out.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I wonder what the interview will be about. the guy's done so many different cool things...SG, WWC, PJ, ToTD, SP...just to name a few. They could probably do an entire issue just on the kits he's used and the recording techniques he's tried over the years.
  • EBowieEBowie Posts: 532
    Oh yeah.

Just curious...how'd you find this out? I play the drums and have been dying for Matt to be on the cover of either Drum or Modern Drummer. Awesome. The last time he was on a cover was a 1999 edition of Modern Drummer--I've got the issue, but I may be wrong as far as it being his most recent cover story.
  • Bor HBor H Posts: 25
    mca47 wrote:
    Amen my friend.

You should say Ament, it's PJ forum ;)

I wouldn't say he is the best rock drummer at the momment but he is one of the best and the bust grunge drummer. I believe he is one of the main grunge characters.
  • CenterCityCenterCity Posts: 193
    I know.....can't wait to hear what he has to say. where do i get Drum! from....tower?. Huh. Oh, and how drool-dreamy is Matt Cameron? I'm so glad I'll actually have a poster/magazine cover pic to pin up.....I think on my fashion inspiration board. ;)
    I need to finish writing.
  • sandozsandoz Posts: 166
    i was certain that a thred like this one will attract centercity...
    but, hey center ,matt is too hot for drum magazin !
  • CenterCityCenterCity Posts: 193
    lol....of course he is.....i'm just glad i can express how hot he is, in addition to being an amazing modern day drummer....so on...so forth. yeah....i'm so glad this thread was started, cause a lot of people were pissed off about my the band is hot for these reasons thread.
    I need to finish writing.