need a decent record player

grazmangrazman Posts: 198
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
im wanting to record my pearl jam vinyls onto cd, anybody got any suggestions for a decent record player.
It's Evolution, Baby!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    you'll want to find something with RCA outs at least or if you want a better connection find a preamp to sweeten the sound.

Many professional turntables have these features but the needles are very agressive. I use my cheapo crap needle AT through my receiver and out to my preamp into my computer to do it, but the sound quality ain't great.

My favorite turntable is the Technics SL1200 but they are expensive plus you need to find a good needle. I'd just find some average Turntable around 100 or 200 bucks with RCA's and then you can find some warm preamp like a Bellari or something like that to sweeten it before it goes to the cold digital computer.

Check out http://www.needledoctor.com
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    This is the only one to buy in the digi age:
    http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=10708&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=10708&crosssell=1

It is cheap, usb, so you can rip albums to your CP :)

Everyone should own one!!!

Ignore it comes from Urban Outfitters and buy it for yourself for X-mas.

Enjoy!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    Pacomc79, that's an awesome sig, man!
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • grazmangrazman Posts: 198
    JofZ wrote:
    http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=10708&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=10708&crosssell=1

Enjoy!

thanks, yeah i saw that one but didnt know whether to go for it being a bit cheapish but looks pretty good. Can u record to WAV or is it just mp3?
    It's Evolution, Baby!
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    JofZ wrote:

Enjoy!

yeah that's a good option, it's built by the same people that build the DJ turntables for NUMARK I think.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    MP3 only pretty sure!
    I haven't seen another one, so if there is let me know.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • grazman wrote:
    im wanting to record my pearl jam vinyls onto cd, anybody got any suggestions for a decent record player.

there is a good one at costcos right now
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • I just saw this one today. It records to wav, too. $169.00.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Numark-TTUSB-BeltDrive-Turntable-with-USB-Audio-Interface?sku=801258

I guess it also depends on how many vinyls you want to convert. If you only have a few, check with local electronics companies who convert VCR tapes to CD. There is a guy near me who converts each vinyl to CD for bucks.

I have hundreds of records,,, ha,, I need a live in tech to get those things on CD.
    I have an elderly neighbor behind me who has literally 10,000+ jazz albums, tapes and even 78's. He's slowly doing it with a regular old turntable, tape deck and a Phillips CD burner, not even using a computer. The quality of the CD's are good!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    Toronto 22/08/98 - Toronto 05/10/00 - Buffalo 02/05/03 - Toronto 28/06/03 - Montreal 29/06/03 - Kitchener 11/09/05 - London 12/09/05- Hamilton 13/09/05 - Montreal 15/09/05 - Ottawa 16/09/05 - Toronto 19/09/05 - Toronto 09/05/06 - Toronto 10/05/06 - Toronto 21/08/09