"AshDown" pedals - ITALY

evergladeeverglade Posts: 12
edited March 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey, I tried just last saturday a distortion pedal for bass guitar by "ashdown"...I think it's veeery good (and it doesn't cost a lot), it gives my bass a powerfull distortion without noise or power loss...
Is the "ashdown" mark famous or used in USA? What d'you think about it?
driiiink up
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    everglade wrote:
    Hey, I tried just last saturday a distortion pedal for bass guitar by "ashdown"...I think it's veeery good (and it doesn't cost a lot), it gives my bass a powerfull distortion without noise or power loss...
    Is the "ashdown" mark famous or used in USA? What d'you think about it?

yeah ashdown is especially famous for bass guitar amps, Jeff uses one. I've never seen the pedals but Historically (JEN) in Italy has made some very famous wah pedals and I think some fuzzes as well.

http://www.basscentre.com/product_info.php?cPath=40_22&products_id=31

I bet this is it.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • evergladeeverglade Posts: 12
    Yes, the link you gave me goes right to the pedal i tried...
    I didn't know taht Jeff (Ament...i think) uses an ashdown amplifier...i only know about the action figures of basket players he had on it:)
    Already thanks for your reply!!!
    driiiink up
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    If I'm correct, Jeff uses an Ashdown amp for his electric upright, and uses Ampeg SVT amps for his regular bass guitars. I wanna say it's an EVO or EVO II head, and it powers one of his 6x10 cabs with the other cabs powered by the other amps.

I know that Adam Clayton (U2) uses nothing but Ashdown anymore, and their amps have some great tone available. It's no surprise that they're getting into the FX game, and doing it well.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.