voodoo lab pedal power

DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
edited November 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
if i was to make a pesal board or buy one i will need a power supply. right now i have the boss board that came with all that. my question is, on the voodoo lab pedal power, where do you plug in the cable from that to the amp, and from the guitar into the pedal board. this may be a dumb question, but like i said, on my boss board all this stuff was already built in. i just plug a cable from the board to the amp and from the board to the guitar. then of course there are all the power supplies for the pedals. so how do you do this on the voodoo lab pedal power or any other pedal board power supply?
2006: Hartford
2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
2011: Ed Solo Hartford
2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• it doesn't plug into the amp. It's just a power supply for your pedals. Go with one spots and daisy chains....those are better IMO.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • it doesn't plug into the amp. It's just a power supply for your pedals. Go with one spots and daisy chains....those are better IMO.

+1 and much cheaper
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    it doesn't plug into the amp. It's just a power supply for your pedals. Go with one spots and daisy chains....those are better IMO.
    Yes - it DOES NOT plug into your amp - It's just a multi power supply. I agree, just get a 1-SPOT or
    a Godlyke or something similar to one of those types of daisy chain power supplies. I'd also just say to
    get a small power strip with a long cable to attatch to the board for any pedals that need their own
    power. I run 90% of my pedals with two 1-SPOTS - I have one pedal that needs 15VDC, and I have
    one pedal that has some ground loop problems, thus I have the power strip to resolve those issues.
    Cheers . . .

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • ianvomsaal wrote:
    Yes - it DOES NOT plug into your amp - It's just a multi power supply. I agree, just get a 1-SPOT or
    a Godlyke or something similar to one of those types of daisy chain power supplies. I'd also just say to
    get a small power strip with a long cable to attatch to the board for any pedals that need their own
    power. I run 90% of my pedals with two 1-SPOTS - I have one pedal that needs 15VDC, and I have
    one pedal that has some ground loop problems, thus I have the power strip to resolve those issues.
    Cheers . . .

- Ian

thanks for all the help, all of you. but i'm a bit confused on whatyou mean. [sorry]. i know what a daisy chain is but do you have links or pics to any of this stuff you all have been describing? thanks
  • Yeah. Remember that picture I sent? Just look at how my pedals are powered.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Visual-Sound-1-Spot-Combo-Pack?sku=150373
  • Yeah. Remember that picture I sent? Just look at how my pedals are powered.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Visual-Sound-1-Spot-Combo-Pack?sku=150373

thanks! but now i feel even dumber. i looked back at your previous pics, and at this link, but i still don't understand how it connects to your amp and guitar.
  • thanks! but now i feel even dumber. i looked back at your previous pics, and at this link, but i still don't understand how it connects to your amp and guitar.

It doesn't. It's just a power supply to your pedals.
  • It doesn't. It's just a power supply to your pedals.
    so how do you use your guitar and amp with it? these are such dumb questions, but like isaid all my stuff came bulit in, i justhad to connect my pedals.
  • Since all a pedal power supply covers is power, you would just plug your guitar into the first pedal on your pedalboard, and then plug out of the last pedal into your amp. Then you just use short patch cables (usually 4 to 12" long) between each of your guitar pedals.

BTW, I use a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power II, and I love it... transformer-isolated power outputs are really nice features! Daisy-chains are functional, but a proper power supply is going to sound better.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    thanks! but now i feel even dumber. i looked back at your previous pics, and at this link, but i still don't understand how it connects to your amp and guitar.
    The Power supply for the daisy chain powers your pedals.
    The adaptor plugs into the wall click here: LIKE THIS
    The plug on the end of the adaptor plugs into the daisy chain.
    Look on the top of this picture click here: THE DAISY CHAIN is the series of plugs on the top
    The 3.5mm end of the AC adaptor (on the bottom left) plug into the barrel end of the Daisy Chain (top left on the Daisy Chain).
    Now all the 3.5mm ends (there's 8 of them) on the Daisy Chain plugs into the 9V AC IN on each pedal.

Your Guitar plugs into the input of the 1st pedal with your 1/4" guitar plug.
    You connect each pedal together via small 1/4" cables (input and output).
    The last pedal has a 1/4" instrument cable going out of it's OUTPUT to the amps input.
    You don't plug the daisy chain into your amp - it's only used to power your pedals.

- Ian
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • ianvomsaal wrote:
    The Power supply for the daisy chain powers your pedals.
    The adaptor plugs into the wall click here: LIKE THIS
    The plug on the end of the adaptor plugs into the daisy chain.
    Look on the top of this picture click here: THE DAISY CHAIN is the series of plugs on the top
    The 3.5mm end of the AC adaptor (on the bottom left) plug into the barrel end of the Daisy Chain (top left on the Daisy Chain).
    Now all the 3.5mm ends (there's 8 of them) on the Daisy Chain plugs into the 9V AC IN on each pedal.

Your Guitar plugs into the input of the 1st pedal with your 1/4" guitar plug.
    You connect each pedal together via small 1/4" cables (input and output).
    The last pedal has a 1/4" instrument cable going out of it's OUTPUT to the amps input.
    You don't plug the daisy chain into your amp - it's only used to power your pedals.

- Ian

wow thanks. i should have just used my common sense. my boss board has the adaptor, and daisy chain, just the difference is there are input jacks located on the board. if i had just used my brain i could have realized that you just plug them into the pedal directly. ouch. well thanks!