strat chrome pickguard [PLEASE HELP!!]

DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
edited November 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
can someone pleeease let me know of a direct website where i can order a strat chrome pickguard set for 2 humbuckers [h/h]. i really need help with this, i'm going insane.
2006: Hartford
2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
2011: Ed Solo Hartford
2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    I know Fender makes one for click here: 3 single-coil pickups, but I'm not sure they even make one for 2-humbuckers.
    You'll probably have to go aftermarket for something like that.
    Try this: click here: Guitar Parts Online (though I don't know how good these are).
    WD has diamond plate metal pickguards for humbuckers.
    click here: WD diamond plate metal pickguard (they also have simulated brushed metal).

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • ianvomsaal wrote:
    I know Fender makes one for click here: 3 single-coil pickups, but I'm not sure they even make one for 2-humbuckers.
    You'll probably have to go aftermarket for something like that.
    Try this: click here: Guitar Parts Online (though I don't know how good these are).
    WD has diamond plate metal pickguards for humbuckers.
    click here: WD diamond plate metal pickguard (they also have simulated brushed metal).

- Ian

i really like the diamond plate! thanks! but a few verrry important questions. first off, will it fit my strat? i have a tradition strat? i mean, it looks exactly like a regular american strat body to me, but can i be sure? second, this is the guitar i am customizing, and all the previous chrome on the guitar [bridge, tuners, input jack etc..] i have shaved down using a scotchbrite pad. this dulled them out smoothely and they now look puiter with a copperish tint. it goess waaaay better with the look of my body and surprsingly goes greaaaat. i figured that if i had bought a chrome pickguard and did the ame proceedure to that it would look the same. do you think that the diamond plate is made out of that similar chrome and i can make it look like my other parts? because the shiny chrome look wont work. the smoothe matte finish puiter is gorgeous. i would REALLY appreciate it if you could answer these questions, because basically i finally have everything lined out for this guitar except for pickguard and knob choices. this would be huge. thanks!
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    i really like the diamond plate! thanks! but a few verrry important questions. first off, will it fit my strat? i have a tradition strat? i mean, it looks exactly like a regular american strat body to me, but can i be sure? second, this is the guitar i am customizing, and all the previous chrome on the guitar [bridge, tuners, input jack etc..] i have shaved down using a scotchbrite pad. this dulled them out smoothely and they now look puiter with a copperish tint. it goess waaaay better with the look of my body and surprsingly goes greaaaat. i figured that if i had bought a chrome pickguard and did the ame proceedure to that it would look the same. do you think that the diamond plate is made out of that similar chrome and i can make it look like my other parts? because the shiny chrome look wont work. the smoothe matte finish puiter is gorgeous. i would REALLY appreciate it if you could answer these questions, because basically i finally have everything lined out for this guitar except for pickguard and knob choices. this would be huge. thanks!
    I dont' know - count the holes on your existing pickguard, and then count the holes on the PG you want to get.
    I don't know what the diamond plate is made from, but probably won't sand as easily (I'm assuming it's the same
    diamond plating on amps and such (like mesa boogie, and also on Big Rig mud flaps).
    I'd suggest taking your scotchbrite pad to something like that and seeing what it does to the surface.
    I'm not selling this stuff, I'm not getting any kickbacks, so I have no idea.
    You pleaded for some direction on where to that kind of PG, so I found a couple places that carry it.
    Maybe you should ask the dealer that's selling the stuff if you have and concerns

- Ian
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • ianvomsaal wrote:
    I dont' know - count the holes on your existing pickguard, and then count the holes on the PG you want to get.
    I don't know what the diamond plate is made from, but probably won't sand as easily (I'm assuming it's the same
    diamond plating on amps and such (like mesa boogie, and also on Big Rig mud flaps).
    I'd suggest taking your scotchbrite pad to something like that and seeing what it does to the surface.
    I'm not selling this stuff, I'm not getting any kickbacks, so I have no idea.
    You pleaded for some direction on where to that kind of PG, so I found a couple places that carry it.
    Maybe you should ask the dealer that's selling the stuff if you have and concerns

- Ian

thanks alot =]. i'll figure this out
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Check these guys out, they seem to cover the metallic pickguard stuff.

http://www.sharp-concepts.com/

I assume you mean "pewter"? I'd call the companies and ask them if they offer something like that, or if it would work to do that yourself with their products.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.