Major pedal help

DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
edited May 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey guys, sorry i know their has been lots of threads about this kinda stuff, but i had to do this. to sum it up fast, this week i am finally getting myself a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe tube amp. [thank god] the electric guitar that i use is cuincidentally a Michael Kelly Patriot Hot Rod Deluxe. Now, when i go to get the new amp, i plan on buying some pedals, and trading in a bunch of old shit for new pedals. i will be trading in my Roland Cube 30 amp, my Boss GT-3 effects processer, and a Boss Dual Overdrive Pedal. The GT-3 has every kind of effect but we all know those big processers with all the sounds in them are never great quality, and its like giving birth to get the right sound. Honestly, I hate it. So now, once i get my nice new amp and trade some stuff in, along with some cash i've worked up i would like to buy/trade a pedal for most of the effects i loved. My birthday is friday, so i may somehow between everyone i know, along with my own cash/trade ins, be able to pull off getting all the pedals i want if they are not too pricey. But if not, eventually. so PLEASE read below and help, because researching myself, they are just so many out there and its so hard to choose..i want to hear from players themselves..Lastly, after i trade everything in..the only pedal that i will be keeping is my Ibanez Ts-9 Turbo Tube Screamer. Keep in mind that is already in my arsenal.

Suggestions for the best FUZZ/OCTAVE type pedal:

Suggestions for the best DELAY pedal:

Suggestions for the best TREMELO/VIBE/ROTO whatever type pedal:

Suggestions for the best PHASER/SHIFTER pedal:

Sugestions for the best WAH pedal:

Suggestions for the best FLANGER pedal:

Suggestions for the best CHORUS/ECHO pedal:

*IF NECASSARY suggestions for some good quality metal pedal, for like a soundgarden sound..because i don't know if the tube screamer can always pull that off*

the new amp has reverb built into it with a footswitch i believe so that should be no problem, and as i said i already have the Ts-9 for my overdreive/distortion pedal...and yea thats pretty much it...i'd reeeeaally appreciate if you'd help...many people also say compressors are good, but i dont understand..they really dont make a difference right?
2006: Hartford
2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
2011: Ed Solo Hartford
2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    umm...
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    I haven't owned or played any of these, but they are the most prevalent and used by several of our favorite artists.

Fuzz/OD: Ibanez TS-9 or Boss BD-2 (think John Mayer, more bluesy OD) Warren Haynes actually uses a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone if you like his sound. Fulltone OCD is great too, especially for a classic rock type sound.
    Delay: Boss DD-6 is very popular. Upgraded version of popular DD-3 but with more options
    Tremelo/Vibe: H&K Rotosphere if you want to spend a lot. Dunlop Rotovibe if not
    Phase Shifter: MXR Phase 90
    Wah: Dunlop Crybaby is most popular. The 535q version is probably best of the Crybaby's because it's adjustable, but I like the Budda Budwah because it rules out the high end quacky sound.

I don't have much for chorus and flanger really. Again, none of this is really from my own experience... just what I've read and heard.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    I have a MOrley wah, cos I lke the switchless aspect of it. It has a photocell, that switches it on when you stand on it, and lets it go back to true bypass when you step off. I m crap at tap-dancing, so it suits me. I think that maybe Dunlop do something similar.
    It is just one thing to consider, but a big thing for me, lets you just jump on teh wah for a few notes then bacl to your normal tone.

Fuzz wise, I'm probbaly gonna go for teh Big Muff Pi soon, just need to finfish paying off teh Rotosphere. JAck white, Jimi Hendrix, Frusciante, good enough for me !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Suggestions for the best FUZZ/OCTAVE type pedal: Fender Blender or the DS-1+OC-2

Suggestions for the best DELAY pedal:Line 6 DL-4 or the Digitech X-series Digital Delay

Suggestions for the best TREMELO/VIBE/ROTO whatever type pedal:Rotovibe

Suggestions for the best PHASER/SHIFTER pedal: Digitech X-series Phaser, MXR Phase 90

Sugestions for the best WAH pedal: Crybaby 535Q

Suggestions for the best FLANGER pedal: Ibanez FL-9 Analog Flange

Suggestions for the best CHORUS/ECHO pedal: DOD FX-64 Stereo CHorus
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    Suggestions for the best FUZZ/OCTAVE type pedal: Fender Blender or the DS-1+OC-2

Suggestions for the best DELAY pedal:Line 6 DL-4 or the Digitech X-series Digital Delay

Suggestions for the best TREMELO/VIBE/ROTO whatever type pedal:Rotovibe

Suggestions for the best PHASER/SHIFTER pedal: Digitech X-series Phaser, MXR Phase 90

Sugestions for the best WAH pedal: Crybaby 535Q

Suggestions for the best FLANGER pedal: Ibanez FL-9 Analog Flange

Suggestions for the best CHORUS/ECHO pedal: DOD FX-64 Stereo CHorus

thanks for the suggestions.. i've actually been narrowing down and i've had in my head for a while the boss dl-6 for delay and the mxr phase 90 for phaser. for the fuzz though, i'm surprised no one recommended the two i have been trying to mainly decide between. the new boss fuzz fz -5 and the mxr blue box.
    I haven't owned or played any of these, but they are the most prevalent and used by several of our favorite artists.

Fuzz/OD: Ibanez TS-9 or Boss BD-2 (think John Mayer, more bluesy OD) Warren Haynes actually uses a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone if you like his sound. Fulltone OCD is great too, especially for a classic rock type sound.
    Delay: Boss DD-6 is very popular. Upgraded version of popular DD-3 but with more options
    Tremelo/Vibe: H&K Rotosphere if you want to spend a lot. Dunlop Rotovibe if not
    Phase Shifter: MXR Phase 90
    Wah: Dunlop Crybaby is most popular. The 535q version is probably best of the Crybaby's because it's adjustable, but I like the Budda Budwah because it rules out the high end quacky sound.

I don't have much for chorus and flanger really. Again, none of this is really from my own experience... just what I've read and heard.

thanks for the input. but as i said, i have an ibanez ts-9. i've also played a boss metal zone, and it litterally sounds like two flys in a toaster.. it eats all your tone and sounds like pure shit. for a "metal" pedal i've been considering the Line 6 Uber Metal. rotosphere is too expensive at this stage, but i shall check out the dunlop rotovibe!
    I have a MOrley wah, cos I lke the switchless aspect of it. It has a photocell, that switches it on when you stand on it, and lets it go back to true bypass when you step off. I m crap at tap-dancing, so it suits me. I think that maybe Dunlop do something similar.
    It is just one thing to consider, but a big thing for me, lets you just jump on teh wah for a few notes then bacl to your normal tone.

Fuzz wise, I'm probbaly gonna go for teh Big Muff Pi soon, just need to finfish paying off teh Rotosphere. JAck white, Jimi Hendrix, Frusciante, good enough for me !!

thats cool about the morely wah. i'll check it out..even though it's looking like i'm gonna get a crybaby. big muff i have been checking out, but i'm leaning towards mxr blue box or new boss fz -5 fuzz for that kind of thing..

MORE SUGGESTIONS PLEASE! highly appreciated..share what you've used, liked, hated, gimme the scoop ;) thanks folks..
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    Suggestions for the best FUZZ/OCTAVE type pedal: MXR blue box or flender. both are awesome i own the flender, and had the bluebox a few yrs ago. they are very nice. keep in mind both may get a little hectic though

Suggestions for the best DELAY pedal:boss dd3 or dd-6. cant go wrong with either. i personally own the dd3, which is cheaper. you cant go wrong with either of them, but for the price, id say dd3

Suggestions for the best TREMELO/VIBE/ROTO whatever type pedal:lovepedal magicvibe(may have messed nameup). best vibe pedal out there, and it is actually fairly cheap for vibe. i strongly suggest this

Suggestions for the best PHASER/SHIFTER pedal:cant go wrong with a good phase 90. i love these, plus, mike uses it!

Sugestions for the best WAH pedal:dunlop 535q wah. these are semi pricy for a wah, but they are WORTH IT.it is the most versitle wah i have ever played. i would be lost without it on my board.(plus mike uses it :) )

Suggestions for the best FLANGER pedal:i use a phase 90 to cover most of my flange sounds....

Suggestions for the best CHORUS/ECHO pedal:visual sound H20. best chorus and echo combo out there. i rescently bought one from a forum member(pj&t i think), and i love it, it is one of my favorite pedals.

my .02$
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Suggestions for the best FUZZ/OCTAVE type pedal:
    Suggestions for the best DELAY pedal:
    Suggestions for the best TREMELO/VIBE/ROTO whatever type pedal:
    Suggestions for the best PHASER/SHIFTER pedal:
    Sugestions for the best WAH pedal:
    Suggestions for the best FLANGER pedal:
    Suggestions for the best CHORUS/ECHO pedal:
    1st off - remember, with the stuff you're trading in . . .
    If it's older stuff that's not all that sought after, they won't give you much (maybe $5 - If they want to buy it at all).
    It's a lot of paperwork per piece that the employees usually hate doing because it takes them off the sales floor to do the paperwork.
    They'd usually rather buy 1 expensive item than 20 inexpensive items because of all the paperwork).

If it's a newer item that's still being made (and it's in good shape), they usually sell it for half of the normal selling price.
    Which means that they'll give you maybe half of that price.
    Example (brand new sells for $99, they'll sell it used for $50, you'll get maybe $25, but probably more likely $20).

Okay, Bang for Buck . . .

DELAY/ECHO
    (Line6 DL4) http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-DL4-Delay-Modeler-Pedal?sku=150380

TREMOLO/VIBE/ROTO/PHASER/SHIFTER/CHORUS/FLANGER
    (Line6 MM4) this unit has all those effects 1-pedal http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-MM4-Modulation-Modeler-Pedal?sku=150381
    I'm gonna eventually go this route (Mike Mccready also uses both MM-4 and a DL-4)

WAH
    Try them, see what sounds best to you: VOX, 535Q, BUDWAH, FULLTONE WAH (based on the Vox Clyde McCoy).

FUZZ
    Dunlop Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face, Robert Keeley Fuzz Head, Boss FZ-5

OCTAVE
    [EBS OctaBass Triple Mode Octave Divider Pedal
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/EBS-OctaBass-Triple-Mode-Octave-Divider-Pedal?sku=151465
    One of the best on the market

CHEERS . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    I'm gonna say for your Delay, do yourself a favor and get a Boss DD-6 or DD-20. Both have a Sound-on-Sound feature that is fantastic, especially if you're playing by yourself. The DD-3 only delays up to 800ms, which is OK for most applications, but the HOLD feature is weak, you have to step on the pedal, strike a note, and then keep holding the pedal and it'll endlessly repeat that note, and you can speed it up, slow it down with the delay time thing, but it's pretty one-dimensional as far as use goes.

The DD-6, on the other hand, has 5 seconds that you can step on the pedal and basically record what you're playing, then when you let go it'll play it back infinitely. That 5 seconds is really useful for me, since I play by myself a lot. Not to mention, you can overdub as many times as you like. Sometimes I like to play a phrase, then play the phrase again but change the ending note, so it sounds pretty cool in the end. Plus the delays are all fantastic, the pedal isn't a tone sucker, just make sure you use a power supply, batteries are eaten up like candy.

If you're absolutely a delay freak and would really like more versatility, the DD-20 does all that just a little bit better, and you can record for more time, save/store up to 4 "phrases" and come back to them later. Just food for thought, assuming you like delay like I do.

I've already written an essay here, but I'll just quickly throw in my suggestions for other stuff.

The overdrive on your amp is probably strong enough for most applications, but if you're looking for a distortion outright, I'd stay away from the DS-1 unless you're gonna get it upgraded/modded somehow. I have mine and it's ok I guess, but somehow it doesn't sound as natural as I'd like it to, and can lack "OOMPH" if you wanna call it that, that little push over the top, even with the distortion cranked.

Chorus/Flange, I can't help you with, I'm currently deciding on that myself.

I've got a phase 90, and I like it. Simple, it does it's job, and it does it well. It phases your signal. Worth the $50 I got it for, used.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
    seanw1010 wrote:
    Suggestions for the best FUZZ/OCTAVE type pedal: MXR blue box or flender. both are awesome i own the flender, and had the bluebox a few yrs ago. they are very nice. keep in mind both may get a little hectic though

Suggestions for the best DELAY pedal:boss dd3 or dd-6. cant go wrong with either. i personally own the dd3, which is cheaper. you cant go wrong with either of them, but for the price, id say dd3

Suggestions for the best TREMELO/VIBE/ROTO whatever type pedal:lovepedal magicvibe(may have messed nameup). best vibe pedal out there, and it is actually fairly cheap for vibe. i strongly suggest this

Suggestions for the best PHASER/SHIFTER pedal:cant go wrong with a good phase 90. i love these, plus, mike uses it!

Sugestions for the best WAH pedal:dunlop 535q wah. these are semi pricy for a wah, but they are WORTH IT.it is the most versitle wah i have ever played. i would be lost without it on my board.(plus mike uses it :) )

Suggestions for the best FLANGER pedal:i use a phase 90 to cover most of my flange sounds....

Suggestions for the best CHORUS/ECHO pedal:visual sound H20. best chorus and echo combo out there. i rescently bought one from a forum member(pj&t i think), and i love it, it is one of my favorite pedals.

my .02$

EXTREMELY HELPFUL!! thanks!! you named many that i have been strongly considering, so that makes my life a whole lot easier. i'll check out that chorus and magicvibe though too!..i was recently looking at a voodoo lab microvibe and i heard it was fantastic too.
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    1st off - remember, with the stuff you're trading in . . .
    If it's older stuff that's not all that sought after, they won't give you much (maybe $5 - If they want to buy it at all).
    It's a lot of paperwork per piece that the employees usually hate doing because it takes them off the sales floor to do the paperwork.
    They'd usually rather buy 1 expensive item than 20 inexpensive items because of all the paperwork).

If it's a newer item that's still being made (and it's in good shape), they usually sell it for half of the normal selling price.
    Which means that they'll give you maybe half of that price.
    Example (brand new sells for $99, they'll sell it used for $50, you'll get maybe $25, but probably more likely $20).

DELAY/ECHO
    (Line6 DL4) http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-DL4-Delay-Modeler-Pedal?sku=150380

(Line6 MM4) this unit has all those effects 1-pedal http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-MM4-Modulation-Modeler-Pedal?sku=150381
    I'm gonna eventually go this route (Mike Mccready also uses both MM-4 and a DL-4)

WAH
    Try them, see what sounds best to you: VOX, 535Q, BUDWAH, FULLTONE WAH (based on the Vox Clyde McCoy).

FUZZ

OCTAVE
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/EBS-OctaBass-Triple-Mode-Octave-Divider-Pedal?sku=151465

CHEERS . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal

thanks for the great input as well! i actually spoke with a store owner at the shop and told him what i'm considering to trade, and he said pending on what pedal, he can maybe trade 4 or 3 used pedals or 2 new ones for what i'm willing to trade in. probobly around there.. plus i got about 2 pedals worth of cash. and it's my birthday. ;)
  • IDgotIIDgotI Posts: 262
    ianvomsaal wrote:

DELAY/ECHO

WAH

FUZZ

OCTAVE

CHEERS . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    +1. This is a really good list for the situation you describe. The Line 6 units are really great swiss army knives. Novawind mentions the DD 20 Gigadelay by boss. It is also a really solid delay, but it has fewer sounds than the DL4. On the other hand it is arguably a bit sturdier and perhaps easier to use. You might also want to check the Line6 echo park. It's the DL4 in single pedal model. It's a bit less flexible, but some seem to feel it actually sounds a bit better than the DL4. To my ear it has more pronounced feedack sounds. This is neither better or worse. Just a little different. It's also about $40 less than the DL4.

Oh, btw the DL4 also has a "sound on sound" mode just like the DD20. On the DL4 the feature is the looping function.

Apart from that the only other thing I'd add or comment on about Ian's list would be to mention the Voodlab Wahzoo as another Wah you should try. It's also based on the Clyde McCoy Vox, and it would give you a step wah to throw into your arsenal as well... though to be fair it's about $120 more than a vox or crybaby. It's roughly the same price as the Fulltone though.

Good luck!
    Novawind wrote:
    I'm gonna say for your Delay, do yourself a favor and get a Boss DD-6 or DD-20. Both have a Sound-on-Sound feature that is fantastic, especially if you're playing by yourself. The DD-3 only delays up to 800ms, which is OK for most applications, but the HOLD feature is weak, you have to step on the pedal, strike a note, and then keep holding the pedal and it'll endlessly repeat that note, and you can speed it up, slow it down with the delay time thing, but it's pretty one-dimensional as far as use goes.

The DD-6, on the other hand, has 5 seconds that you can step on the pedal and basically record what you're playing, then when you let go it'll play it back infinitely. That 5 seconds is really useful for me, since I play by myself a lot. Not to mention, you can overdub as many times as you like. Sometimes I like to play a phrase, then play the phrase again but change the ending note, so it sounds pretty cool in the end. Plus the delays are all fantastic, the pedal isn't a tone sucker, just make sure you use a power supply, batteries are eaten up like candy.

If you're absolutely a delay freak and would really like more versatility, the DD-20 does all that just a little bit better, and you can record for more time, save/store up to 4 "phrases" and come back to them later. Just food for thought, assuming you like delay like I do.

I've already written an essay here, but I'll just quickly throw in my suggestions for other stuff.

The overdrive on your amp is probably strong enough for most applications, but if you're looking for a distortion outright, I'd stay away from the DS-1 unless you're gonna get it upgraded/modded somehow. I have mine and it's ok I guess, but somehow it doesn't sound as natural as I'd like it to, and can lack "OOMPH" if you wanna call it that, that little push over the top, even with the distortion cranked.

Chorus/Flange, I can't help you with, I'm currently deciding on that myself.

I've got a phase 90, and I like it. Simple, it does it's job, and it does it well. It phases your signal. Worth the $50 I got it for, used.

thanks so much. i made my delay decision!!
    IDgotI wrote:
    +1. This is a really good list for the situation you describe. The Line 6 units are really great swiss army knives. Novawind mentions the DD 20 Gigadelay by boss. It is also a really solid delay, but it has fewer sounds than the DL4. On the other hand it is arguably a bit sturdier and perhaps easier to use. You might also want to check the Line6 echo park. It's the DL4 in single pedal model. It's a bit less flexible, but some seem to feel it actually sounds a bit better than the DL4. To my ear it has stronger feedack sounds. This is neither better or worse. Just a little different. It's also about $40 less than the DL4.

Oh, btw the DL4 also has a "sound on sound" mode just like the DD20. On the DL4 the feature is the looping function.

Apart from that the only other thing I'd add or comment on about Ian's list would be to mention the Voodlab Wahzoo as another Wah you should try. It's also based on the Clyde McCoy Vox, and it would give you a step wah to throw into your arsenal as well... though to be fair it's about $120 more than a vox or crybaby. It's roughly the same price as the Fulltone though.

Good luck!

thanks man..that line 6 stuff is just a bit pricey though, so i'm sticking with the individuals
    EXTREMELY HELPFUL!! thanks!! you named many that i have been strongly considering, so that makes my life a whole lot easier. i'll check out that chorus and magicvibe though too!..i was recently looking at a voodoo lab microvibe and i heard it was fantastic too.

)
    definately check out the magicvibe.i never liked the voodovibe, i always found it way too dark and overcoming, and it is more expensive.
    glad to help

oh, and definately do yourself a favor and check out the visual sound H20 chorus...it is amazing! i usually am very picky with my chorus pedals, but i loved this the day i recieved it. you can get great gilmour to nirvana tones from it(the reason i liked it so much was because how close i could get to gilmours chorus tone). i wholly reccommend this chorus(the echo on it is pretty good too :) )
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Okay, it's $250 . . .
    but honestly, try getting everything individually that this single pedal does for under $250 - I don't think it's possible.
    3-single-pedals alone cost more than the MM-4.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    The Line 6 MM-4 Modulation Modeler Pedal is a single stomp box that packs in models of almost every modulation
    effect unit you've ever wished you had 16 in all. They include Uni-Vibe, Phase 90, Leslie, CE-1 Chorus Ensemble,
    MXR Flanger, Dimension D, Tri Stereo Chorus, and many more. You also get 16 factory presets, plus 4 presets for
    storing your programmed versions, true bypass switching, an expression-pedal input, and stereo inputs and
    outputs. Controls include Effect Selector, Speed, Depth, Tweak, Tweez, and Mix.

Line 6 MM-4 Modulation Modeler Pedal Features:

16 quality modulation effects Includes:
    Uni-Vibe, Phase 90, Leslie, CE-1 Chorus Ensemble, MXR Flanger, Dimension D, Tri Stereo Chorus, and many more.
    16 factory presets, plus 4 user presets
    True bypass switching
    Expression-pedal input
    Stereo inputs and outputs
    Controls include Effect Selector, Speed, Depth, Tweak, Tweez, and Mix

Cheers . . .

- Ian
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    Okay, it's $250 . . .
    but honestly, try getting everything individually that this single pedal does for under $250 - I don't think it's possible.
    3-single-pedals alone cost more.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    The Line 6 MM-4 Modulation Modeler Pedal is a single stomp box that packs in models of almost every modulation
    effect unit you've ever wished you had 16 in all. They include Uni-Vibe, Phase 90, Leslie, CE-1 Chorus Ensemble,
    MXR Flanger, Dimension D, Tri Stereo Chorus, and many more. You also get 16 factory presets, plus 4 presets for
    storing your programmed versions, true bypass switching, an expression-pedal input, and stereo inputs and
    outputs. Controls include Effect Selector, Speed, Depth, Tweak, Tweez, and Mix.

Line 6 MM-4 Modulation Modeler Pedal Features:

16 quality modulation effects Includes:
    Uni-Vibe, Phase 90, Leslie, CE-1 Chorus Ensemble, MXR Flanger, Dimension D, Tri Stereo Chorus, and many more.
    16 factory presets, plus 4 user presets
    True bypass switching
    Expression-pedal input
    Stereo inputs and outputs
    Controls include Effect Selector, Speed, Depth, Tweak, Tweez, and Mix

Cheers . . .

- Ian
    i thought he was trying to get away from the modeling effects....
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    All right. The Flender was great. Mike used it on the NAIS studio version. It's crazy and hard to control though at times. Since you have the TS-9 or the Metal zone, you might just wanna find a Boss OCtave on ebay. For the flange, I HIGHLY reccomend the Ibanez FL-9. I bought mine used and I believe it is one of the best. Mike uses the MM4 but it's moded so that is (along with the DL-4) don't break down. I like the Digitech Digital delay but the boss ones are also good...he digitech one was bought on sale used and was cheaper though so I got that one. The DOD stereo chorus is great. I also have a Danelectro milkshake chorus but I use that to get the 'Mike McCready solo style' sound. As for the vibe, the Rotovibe is amazing. You are able to control the sound like a wah with your foot deciding the speed which REALLY comes in handy when playing. As for the phaser, I just bought the Digitech X-series Phaser because it has 7 different phase style but the phase 90 is really good too. Remember that the MM4 has all these effecs and Mike uses it. The BOSS chorus pedal is good too, I've only used it once though. Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide :)
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
    seanw1010 wrote:
    definately check out the magicvibe.i never liked the voodovibe, i always found it way too dark and overcoming, and it is more expensive.
    glad to help

oh, and definately do yourself a favor and check out the visual sound H20 chorus...it is amazing! i usually am very picky with my chorus pedals, but i loved this the day i recieved it. you can get great gilmour to nirvana tones from it(the reason i liked it so much was because how close i could get to gilmours chorus tone). i wholly reccommend this chorus(the echo on it is pretty good too :) )

thanks man. can you send me a site that has this magicvibe? musiciansfriend doesn't have it. :0
    thanks man. can you send me a site that has this magicvibe? musiciansfriend doesn't have it. :0
    no problem:
    http://www.lovepedal.com/ -for the whole site(he makes other great pedals too, check some of them outtoo)
    http://www.lovepedal.com/fab50.htm - for the vibe. this pedal is very simple, but dont underestimate it. it is amazing
    dirty frank-
    i made this video today to show you the 535q wah. its really short and kinda crappy, but it shows what the wah does.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2026824438
    ps, this is not what i usually play, i was just doing some shredding style stuff cause that shows off the wah the best.