Check this out..i appreciate input..

DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
edited February 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
does any one know what amps mike, stone, and eddie use?
2006: Hartford
2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
2011: Ed Solo Hartford
2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mike's sound is predominantly Marshall tube heads and Marshall cabinets. He's also got a custom-made amp head that you wouldn't really be able to replicate without buku tube amp knowledge, but older Marshall heads (up to, say, the JCM 800's) would do the trick. He was also known to use a tweed Fender Bassman amp years ago, but hasn't in recent years.

Stone has switched between a lot of amps over the years. Marshalls are certainly up there, and he currently uses a Marshall 1974X combo paired with some sort of Fender tweed tube amp, likely a tweed Deluxe (or a clone thereof). He's used Peavey Delta Blues amps a bunch in the past, as well as Matchless.

Ed has been pretty consistently a Hiwatt amp user for years, but recently started using a trio of Fender tweed amps, specifically a pair of Deluxes and a Twin.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Mike's sound is predominantly Marshall tube heads and Marshall cabinets. He's also got a custom-made amp head that you wouldn't really be able to replicate without buku tube amp knowledge, but older Marshall heads (up to, say, the JCM 800's) would do the trick. He was also known to use a tweed Fender Bassman amp years ago, but hasn't in recent years.

Stone has switched between a lot of amps over the years. Marshalls are certainly up there, and he currently uses a Marshall 1974X combo paired with some sort of Fender tweed tube amp, likely a tweed Deluxe (or a clone thereof). He's used Peavey Delta Blues amps a bunch in the past, as well as Matchless.

Ed has been pretty consistently a Hiwatt amp user for years, but recently started using a trio of Fender tweed amps, specifically a pair of Deluxes and a Twin.

What's the general consensus of Hiwatt? I've read somewhere, probably on here, that they're pretty typecasted.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • He was also known to use a tweed Fender Bassman amp years ago, but hasn't in recent years.

...likely a tweed Deluxe (or a clone thereof)...

Mike uses Bassmans through marshall 4x12s as his main touring amps. Stone's is the hot rod deville.
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • Mike has orange cabs too. Eddie has some Fenders too
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Mike has orange cabs too. Eddie has some Fenders too

I thought the orange cabs were Jeff's?
  • I thought the orange cabs were Jeff's?
    Jeff painted his cabs tolex orange, but they're not the brand Orange. (Mike used an Orange (brand) cab on the 2000 tour.)

Stone has also used a Savage Blitz 50 in the past (98 maybe?)
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Also Matchless and Soldano amps.
  • I thought Jeff went to Oranges this year? Anyway, Mike destroyed his Orange during Evenflow in Detroit(by accident?) but he had another.
  • Jeff painted his cabs tolex orange, but they're not the brand Orange. (Mike used an Orange (brand) cab on the 2000 tour.)

Stone has also used a Savage Blitz 50 in the past (98 maybe?)
    When did Jeff paint his cabs? I am thinking about painting one of mine orange or light blue. Is it safe? Kind of paint?
  • When did Jeff paint his cabs? I am thinking about painting one of mine orange or light blue. Is it safe? Kind of paint?
    come to think of it i'm not sure if it's paint or orange tolex. The latter would probably make more sense i suppose :).
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV