-Ventura 12 string Accoustic-

DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
edited April 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Recently i found in the basement of my grandfathers house, a Ventura 12 string accoustic guitar. i have never heard of this brand, nor have i played a 12 string until the night i found it.. the guitar was in great condition, just the strings were verrrrrrry old and rusted..definitely gotta get strings for this bad boy..but anyway, it was also out of tune..i tuned it up pretty well but the strigns were really hurting it, and since i had never played a 12 string it wasn't tuned perfectly. HOWEVER when i played it it souned [to me] great, considering the string condition. it almost sound like the whole guitar had like a natural chorus vibe to it. a nice smooth echo-ey sound. is anyone familiar with this guitar? or the brand ventura? just trying to get some scoop on it to see what i got on my hands here. thanks
2006: Hartford
2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
2011: Ed Solo Hartford
2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Ventura - Instruments previously produced in Japan circa 1970's.
    Ventura guitars were distributed in the US market by C. Bruno Company of New York - they also offered basses.
    Meduium to good quality copies of popular American models.
    They generally made full body and thinline hollow body archtop electric guitars.
    There's no real listings of models except a Barney Kessel COPY (model V-1400).
    In the 70's it had a suggested retail of $199.50 (so I'm assuming inexpensive guitars at the time).
    Ventura Hollowbody Electric Guitars in Natural and Sunburst today sell for around $450.
    I've found nothing on their Acoustic Guitars (which generally sell for much less).
    Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    Ventura - Instruments previously produced in Japan circa 1970's.
    Ventura guitars were distributed in the US market by C. Bruno Company of New York - they also offered basses.
    Meduium to good quality copies of popular American models.
    They generally made full body and thinline hollow body archtop electric guitars.
    There's no real listings of models except a Barney Kessel COPY (model V-1400).
    In the 70's it had a suggested retail of $199.50 (so I'm assuming inexpensive guitars at the time).
    Ventura Hollowbody Electric Guitars in Natural and Sunburst today sell for around $450.
    I've found nothing on their Acoustic Guitars (which generally sell for much less).
    Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal

thanks alot. i found some reviews on the instrament and they were all very good, so i'm assuming it's nice piece of equipement here. i'm sure theres much better out there, but hey for getting this thing given to me free [obviously, its from my grandfather] great condition, my first 12 string...not a bad deal at all. i'll get this baby re-strung and i'll be all set.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford