Options

Will you pass PJ onto your kids?

2»

Comments

• Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    News flash. Your kids might not like Pearl Jam. I know it's difficult.

I always thought I was "cool mom." I work in the industry and bring my now 11 year old daughter along with me to as many shows a year as I can. She sits on the soundboard usually, with her little headphones.
    Last year I took her to see an awesome show that I was particularly proud of and she disappeared before the opening act. I found her outside chatting it up with the bus driver about the fact that the buses ran on biodiesel & how did that work.
    When I suggested bringing her to the PJ shows this summer, she made a face.

On the other hand, she is a Quaker who is completely on board with every political ideal that PJ & Uncle Neil have between them... so in that way I guess the osmosis theory works.

But really, don't expect them to like the band just because you do.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    Mine have been going to shows with me for ten years now. If I had gotten solo tickets, I was going to bring my granddaughter. Not meant to be....
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    If/when I have kids, they will definitely be exposed to Pearl Jam, mainly for the simple fact that I listen to Pearl Jam. Same thing for all the other grunge/90s alternative bands that I like. However, I'm not going to be one to force my musical tastes on them. I'm going to let them have their own opinion about music, even if it doesn't agree with my opinion. If they ever want to listen to the music that I enjoy, I will be more than happy to let them. If they happen to become fans of PJ or other bands that I like, it will be because they liked the music themselves, not because of me.

That's how it was for me growing up and that's how it will be for my kids. I was exposed to a lot of good music because of my parents musical tastes, but it was of my own accord that I wanted to learn, listen, and form my own opinions about that music.
  • Options
    SCRIBLING C-MENTSCRIBLING C-MENT Springfield, IL Posts: 248
    Already have, my 7 year old can spot a Pearl Jam song in a heart beat.
  • Options
    tigereyetigereye Posts: 17
    just went to columbia...ten days before my baby was due! AND i won the lottery--front row right in front of mike!!! (my # is 167.) mike autographed a setlist for me and handed me a coupla pics--framing them for the little guy. baby Denali's first pj show...hopefully many more to come!
    p.s. he's 11 days old now!
    I will live forever...you can't keep me here.

1.14.95*1.15.95*10.06.96*8.31.98*9.06.98*8.04.00*
    8.06.00*4.15.03*4.16.03*7.01.03*7.06.03*7.08.03*
    7.09.03*10.03.05*5.09.06*5.10.06*5.30.06*6.16.08
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    I took my 8 year old daughter to Tampa this year.Her first PJ show.She is now in love with Mike McCready.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    dawndawn Posts: 5
    When my daughter was about 2 and wouldnt sleep i would on a pearl jam dvd and she fell asleep to betterman and nothing man, but she is 8 now and is only into high school musical and mcfly,I have tried to get my 12 year old son into them but he dosnt, I have a 15 month son and I will do my best to get him liking them and it will piss of his dad if he likes them so thats another reason to get him liking them
    dawnf
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Didn't work out too well for me.....3 of my 4 sons don't like PJ. My 2nd son....saw them at Bonaroo....and liked them live, actually has some songs stuck in his head, I bought him the boot just to make sure he keeps listening :p

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    JoWesleyJoWesley Posts: 109
    My almost 5 year old is in love with Ed. She first started with Into the Wild. I must have played that a bit too much in the car pool to school. She also loves to watch Immagine to see him play with Olivia. I have tix to DC2 and am considering bringing her. I have seen PJ pregnant 3 times. The first time I was nine months with my oldest (sat in the handicap section) and he was born 5 days later. The other 2 times were with my daughter and maybe thats why she loves them so much!
    Aug 93 - Toronto Mar 94 - Ann Arbor
    Sep 96 - Toledo Aug 98 - East Lansing
    Oct 00 - Detroit Apr 03 - Cleveland
    Jun 03 - Detroit May 06 - Grand Rapids & Detroit
    Jul 07 - Lolla Jun 08 - WPB & Tampa
    Vedder: DC 1&2, Chicago 2
  • Options
    i took my daughter to Boston II in '06 when they dropped the leash.she was 13 at the time and i told her she was only a few months old last time they played this song.

then this year i took her to Mansfield II and she loved it as well.

although she does listen to some of the modern crap they try to pass as music on the radio, i do have her listening to Led Zep,Elvis,Beatles etc. & of course PJ!!
  • Options
    panthergirlpanthergirl Posts: 469

The concerts are going to get expensive in a few years (tickets x4)

oh yes.
    it gets very expensive.
    between radiohead and pearl jam this summer we spent mucho dinero.
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    TAD (remember TAD), etc were making far far far better music.

Mahalo

LOL
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!