Question for Sax Players

ntt117ntt117 Posts: 56
edited December 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Yesterday i bought an alto sax from a friend of a friend for $40. The problem is it seems out of tune. When i play what is supposed to be a G it is a Bb. So my question is can you tune a sax or is there a problem with the one i bought?
"If we werent all crazy we would go insane."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• They're supposed to be like that. Saxes are in a different key!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • ntt117ntt117 Posts: 56
    Oh ok. Thanks. So my next question is say i wanted to play along with a song in the key of C. Would i still play the notes that are in the key of C as they are on the sax? I hope i made that clear
  • I don't think so... I just sorta transpose in my head. So if the songs in C, play the sax in E (I think)
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • ntt117ntt117 Posts: 56
    So you play the sax in the key of whatever the 3rd is in the normal key.
  • I think.