Pedals

scotsjamscotsjam Posts: 8
edited March 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Can anyone recommend any effects pedals that gives the pearl jam sound -
I have a wah wah and numerous distortion pedals at the moment and looking to add to my collection.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• what amp do you use? what guitars do you use? what pedals do you have already?
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • scotsjamscotsjam Posts: 8
    I have an Orange amp, a Marshall amp (100w), a fender strat, a dunlop wah wah crybaby and a DS2 distortion pedal.
  • scotsjam wrote:
    I have an Orange amp, a Marshall amp (100w), a fender strat, a dunlop wah wah crybaby and a DS2 distortion pedal.
    tube amps or solid state?
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
    Solid state - any ideas??
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    scotsjam wrote:
    Can anyone recommend any effects pedals that gives the pearl jam sound -
    I have a wah wah and numerous distortion pedals at the moment and looking to add to my collection.

take a look at the sticky at top of this forum (gearheads) and on it is a pdf showing the gear used during Riot Act recording

also http://www.giventowail.com has gear for each of the band members..

Ibanez Tubescreamer features heavily... :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Nice one,

Cheers.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I maintain that a Tubescreamer into a solid-state amp will do nothing but disappoint. But plug it into a California tube amp and let the power tubes do some of the work, and man does it sparkle...

DigiTech Bad Monkey might treat you well.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.