Enemies and Allies

guitar_daveyguitar_davey Posts: 111
edited September 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey everyone. If anyone's interested, check out my band Enemies and Allies at http://www.myspace.com/enemiesandalliesband

We just recently played our first show (there's a clip on myspace) and recorded our first demo/ep. Three of the demo songs are also up on myspace.

We're based in Ottawa and we're influenced pretty heavily by the Clash, Neil Young, Pearl Jam, Bob Dylan and pretty much everything elese we all listen to...

Cheers,
DP
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i quite liked the music.

the singer's got some pitch control issues though.
  • exhausted wrote:
    i quite liked the music.

the singer's got some pitch control issues though.

I'm the singer...lol

But yeah, still a learning process! :-)
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    it comes with time and experience. not that i was ever pitch perfect but i certainly improved as i recorded myself more and more.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Had a listen, uniforms is very cool, listened to that a few times. Liked that lots.
    I see you only got together a little while ago. Not sure how old you dudes are and how long you have been singing. Like exhausted said, you do need to work a little on controlling your pitch, but that should sort itself out the more comfortable you are (you sounded nervous to me?), and the more experience and practice you get. Most people aren't born with perfect pitch and there's lots you can do to improve on it. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that. When you hit the notes, your voice is very cool. Work on your pitch and keep practicing and you guys will just get better and better.

Thanks for sharing.
  • Pj_Gurl wrote:
    Had a listen, uniforms is very cool, listened to that a few times. Liked that lots.
    I see you only got together a little while ago. Not sure how old you dudes are and how long you have been singing. Like exhausted said, you do need to work a little on controlling your pitch, but that should sort itself out the more comfortable you are (you sounded nervous to me?), and the more experience and practice you get. Most people aren't born with perfect pitch and there's lots you can do to improve on it. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that. When you hit the notes, your voice is very cool. Work on your pitch and keep practicing and you guys will just get better and better.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the comments. I'm 29 and I've been in a few bands, but this is the first one that I would consider serious, and also the first one where I'm contributing all of the lyrics and the vocals. I guess I had a lot of things I wanted to say in life at this point, so this is my outlet for that.

I'm pretty comfortable singing, but I find some of the more delicate notes are definitely hit-and-miss. I'm sure that'll come together with practice.

Thanks for listening,
    DP