tube screamer

guitarPJmikeguitarPJmike Posts: 12
edited May 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
i ahve a jcm 800, and an old tube screamer that i use ocasionally.. im curious how mike and stone use it. the gain on my 800 is around 6 and i step on the tube screamer once in a while, makes SOME difference, the sound mite be a little fatter, but thats about it. does mike have his on ll the time for dirty's or does he just use it for certain stuff? any ideas?
First.. 10/2/96

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sammicussammicus Posts: 6
    I would think he has it on all the time. Mike and stone seem to use a couple overdrive pedals... Mike was using the fulltone distortion pro for awhile with the TS9, of course he could have used either for the boost. And stone also uses his oldschool ibanez sonic distortion, a ts9 on crack. Mike and Stone both have tubescreamers with the plus mod by Robert Keeley. Check out http://www.robertkeeley.com - i had him mod my tubescreamer with the plus mod and it sounds HUGE. so much more gain... if i turn the level all the way up my house will explode with my amp on 1. and it just sounds great, very responsive, articulate. If you had that mod done that would go great with your marshall. good combo.