just carved up my strat

guitarPJmikeguitarPJmike Posts: 12
edited June 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
i have a strat that i intentionally miss-use so that it will eventually become an old destructed strat. today i carved and burned into the back of it the old no code logo (with the circle inside the triangle inside the square. it looks badass.

mike
First.. 10/2/96

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    That sounds pretty awesome!!

Can we get a pic??
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    I dont think many guitarists actually burn theirs. Playing it for hours and hours everyday is what gives them the wear and tear look
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    chris01 wrote:
    I dont think many guitarists actually burn theirs. Playing it for hours and hours everyday is what gives them the wear and tear look

Ya but not a No Code logo in the back............

That's where the burning came in :)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • yea, i didn't do it becuse i thought that was what other people did... i did it because i wanted too... it looks pretty sweet, i dont have a digital camera though.
    First.. 10/2/96

• Jam-fanJam-fan Posts: 70
    i got a strat myself, and i would never imagine doing anything to intentionally harm my sweet sweet baby. They should age naturally.

no code logo would look pretty damn sweet though, i got to admit
  • i might rip you off you genious.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    i might rip you off you genious.

My Strat is my baby. I could never intentionally mess it up. But thats just me. Carve away gentlemen!
  • moster78 wrote:
    My Strat is my baby. I could never intentionally mess it up. But thats just me. Carve away gentlemen!
    i don't think i'll burn or carve it in there..

might paint it though, that's a cool idea :)

"Make our day"
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    i don't think i'll burn or carve it in there..

might paint it though, that's a cool idea :)

I can't even bring myself to throw a Who target sticker on my used, and slightly beat up SG Special! That's how anal I am.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I want to buy a beat up old strat.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Honestly can't you lot get any more inventive than strats?! I have a Squier Affinty Strat that I bought off my brother and that I learnt on and its a pile of Sh*t. I later moved onto an SG style guitar which wasn't much cop so I bought a Squier '51. Now that's Badass for you! I would advise you to get one, they're only £100 (no idea what that is in $) and the tone is amazing + the playabilty is great because its light and has the feel of a Tele
    "...Oh no wait, you're Bisexual...."
    If you wanna chat, rorykent8@hotmail.com
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    I haven't had the slightest amount of relicing done to my strat yet.

Once it starts I'm going to let it go to hell.
  • Honestly can't you lot get any more inventive than strats?! I have a Squier Affinty Strat that I bought off my brother and that I learnt on and its a pile of Sh*t. I later moved onto an SG style guitar which wasn't much cop so I bought a Squier '51. Now that's Badass for you! I would advise you to get one, they're only £100 (no idea what that is in $) and the tone is amazing + the playabilty is great because its light and has the feel of a Tele

FENDER not SQUIER strats are fine for me! squier lacks too much quality to satisfy my hunger for the ultimate strat. Even Standard series dont cut it, and sometimes yes, even american. American Deluxe, or japanese reissues only! now...lets not get me too rattled up about strats, i think dirty frank and some others could vouche, i could type for days on them!

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    FENDER not SQUIER strats are fine for me! squier lacks too much quality to satisfy my hunger for the ultimate strat. Even Standard series dont cut it, and sometimes yes, even american. American Deluxe, or japanese reissues only! now...lets not get me too rattled up about strats, i think dirty frank and some others could vouche, i could type for days on them!

Having a Squier, Standard and CIJ reissue at my disposal, I can attest to this.

The Standard actually play really nice since I gave it a full setup. Too bad the wood has no resonance whatsoever. :( The neck is beautiful, but overall, the guitar is about average.

And yeah, he can talk forever about strats. :p
  • everyone knows squire is a poor man's fender..

literally.

Fender makes Squire guitars,.. they're low-quality for beginers so you don't have to drop 400$ on a guitar.

"Make our day"
  • I have never used a Fender Strat, nor any other kind other than my Squier. I was told Squier Strats were almost as good as Fenders' but, I suppose you know you're guitars. But my '51 still rules
    "...Oh no wait, you're Bisexual...."
    If you wanna chat, rorykent8@hotmail.com