New Drum Set!

binauralmanbinauralman Posts: 83
edited March 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Check Out My New Set!! Got some Sabian B8 Symbals since I'm starting off but here it is! If you have any tips for beginners let me know! drum_set.jpg
April 28, 2003
May 3, 2003
Camden NJ Sat May 27, 2006
Camden NJ Sun May 28, 2006
Washington DC Tuesday May 30, 2006
E. Rutherford NJ June 01, 2006
E. Rutherford NJ June 03, 2006
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    tips for beginners: watch matt cam on the touring band and live at the garden dvd's. they help a lot. they help with posture and learning some basic beats. and you will forever be choking the hi-hat afterwards! matt is a good teacher.
  • CazpjCazpj Posts: 58
    Those drums look lovely! Tips for beginners, hmmm....

One of them best things I've ever learnt is to learn everything slowly at first. Sometimes it is much easier to play things fast, but if you slow it down and really nail it like that before speeding it up, guaranteed the fast version will sound much much cleaner and better having learnt it slow first :0)

And just enjoy yourself, play along to CDs you like... Oh yeah and work on your timing from early on - eg, play along to click tracks/metronomes. This will pay off - the number of drummers who can't play to clicks, or hate to do it is crazy - but once you can do it you won't hate it all, so you might as well get it down early on :0)

Hope you have fun on your kit! It looks delicious!
    4/20/06 Astoria
    8/29/06 Arnhem
    9/11/06 Paris
    6/18/07 London
  • its best to get a decent kit because most beigninbers tend to get really crappy sounding ones with like one dull cymbal
    that can put you off playing or make you lose dynamics in playing i feel