Egnater Amps, anyone have experience with them?

Piper At The GatesPiper At The Gates Posts: 460
edited October 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
I am thinking about buying the new Rebel 20 model. I know it is made overseas but the features are great. I am going to try one out tomorrow and I am just wondering what your thoughts are on them. Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    no experience but yes, that wattage control and the tube mix look intriguing indeed.
  • They do sound appealing that's for sure. But also no experience. Between that and Peavey's Windsor, there are a lot of band for you buck tube amps available these days that aren't necessarily with a EL84 power tube section.

Yes I know the Rebel has EL84's, but it also has a 6V6 section.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I've never really played them that I can remember. I know Bruce Egnater is one smart guy judging from some amp building classes I read about that he had on a website I think a few years ago. They seem to have increased their distribution in the last year or so plus.

I want to say that he has collaborated with both Rocktron who used to distribute some amps with his name on them and I think Randell amps as well.

It's probably going to be in the Soldanoish vein of high gain sounds.

he's a guy with a lot of cool ideas like the tube mix thing, that's probably a bit like mesa's progressive linkage.

It looks like a ridiculously cool amp for 600 bucks.

The features on the tourmaster are awesome too. It's amazing when companies actually listen to people and then innovate. The power grid thing, how freaking novel, imagine having 100 watts of pure clean, and then changing the setup on the other channels so you can get more power tube clipping introduced.

I'm not a fan of 80 watt speakers but to each his own.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    I haven't played that low wattage version, but the Egnater I did play
    seemed to be geared a bit more towards metal-heads tone-wise, and
    I thought it sounded a bit screachy at times, but the cleans were nice
    and I was able to find some fairly useable OD tones. Definitely put the
    low watt version through it's paces if it's going to be your main amp.
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Might be the same link as above, but I spotted this
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=455934
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Thanks everybody. Great input from you all. I am leaning toward buying it. I will let you know if I do.