Just got a TS-9 w/ Keeley Mod Plus

RhynoRhyno Posts: 304
edited October 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
I just got my first TS-9 with Keeley's Mod Plus mod and I have to say I love it! It's my first pedal. I've been playing a little over 2 years now and decided it's time to start my pedal collection! :-) I got lucky on Ebay and got a pretty good price for a like new pedal. Now, I am addicted to Ebay!

My setup includes an Epi Les Paul Custom (cherry sunburst) that I play through a HRD Texas Red. I play through the clean channel pretty much exclusively.

BTW - being addicted to Ebay and pedals now, I just won a Dunlop Univibe Stereo Chorus. Anybody around hear have one of those? What are your thoughts? I was aiming for a true univibe, but didn't want to spend too much money.
Cheers!
Rhyno

11/30/1991 ~ 3/25/92 ~ 8/28/92 ~ 6/30/98 ~ 10/8/2000 ~ 6/18/2003 ~ 6/21/2003 ~ 6/26/2006 ~ 6/27/2006 ~ 7/7/2006 ~ 8/5/2007 ~ 6/24/2008 ~ ALPINE VALLEY in '09 ;-)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Careful, it's an addiction.

(btw, it's "Pedal")
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • RhynoRhyno Posts: 304
    BinFrog wrote:
    (btw, it's "Pedal")

Thanks, I corrected. :-) Too excited to spell correctly!
    Cheers!
    Rhyno

11/30/1991 ~ 3/25/92 ~ 8/28/92 ~ 6/30/98 ~ 10/8/2000 ~ 6/18/2003 ~ 6/21/2003 ~ 6/26/2006 ~ 6/27/2006 ~ 7/7/2006 ~ 8/5/2007 ~ 6/24/2008 ~ ALPINE VALLEY in '09 ;-)
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I dare you to avoid the "Well, I only need -x- pedal to complete my setup and then I'm done. Well ok, maybe this one too." syndrome. I've said those words, eh, maybe 20 times.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • BinFrog wrote:
    Careful, it's an addiction.
    Yeah, as PJ_Gurl will vouch...I've got too many, thanks to ebay.

As for the Dunlop, maybe think about the BBE Soulvibe. That's a good one.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Riis at Gilmourish.com has the Stereo UniVibe and I think it sounds great. I've got the next model up UniVibe and I think it sounds great as well.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Rhyno wrote:
    I just got my first TS-9 with Keeley's Mod Plus mod and I have to say I love it! It's my first pedal. I've been playing a little over 2 years now and decided it's time to start my pedal collection! :-) I got lucky on Ebay and got a pretty good price for a like new pedal. Now, I am addicted to Ebay!
    Very nice!, but beware. Ebay is the devil in disguise. Meh, who am i kidding, i'm addicted to lusting over things there.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Yeah, as PJ_Gurl will vouch...I've got too many, thanks to ebay.
    Meh, i think you've still got room for a couple more on here ;)
    http://www.premierguitar.com/Stream/StreamImage.aspx?Image_ID=53DC03FA-E606-443D-8ACE-82E778D831AF&Image_Type=image

holy moly.
  • Pj_Gurl wrote:
    Very nice!, but beware. Ebay is the devil in disguise. Meh, who am i kidding, i'm addicted to lusting over things there.
    90% of my wardrobe is from there...I can't afford name brand stuff ;)

Do beware of some of the gear you get, from there. I haven't had any bad GEAR related incidents that I can remember however, I was purchasing an LP and then found out it was falsely posted for bidding. It was a blessing because I won the exact same LP in a different auction. Point being, beware of what is posted.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • kitfookitfoo Posts: 125
    If you like the Mod +, you'll definately like the Baked Mod. Really gives you that Mike McCready live sound!
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    sounds like an excellent setup. Set the chorus to a fast speed with a lower depth and you can get some rotary speakerish sounds.

Great first pedal. Make sure you take the time to enjoy everything before you look for anything else :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • RhynoRhyno Posts: 304
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    sounds like an excellent setup. Set the chorus to a fast speed with a lower depth and you can get some rotary speakerish sounds.

Great first pedal. Make sure you take the time to enjoy everything before you look for anything else :D

Thanks for the advice!
    Cheers!
    Rhyno

• My second-favorite pedal! (my favorite being Keeley's Baked-mod TS-9)

My favorite setting: turn the amp up as loud as you can get away with (which, on an HRD, is about 3) and then kick the TS on. Gain a little over half-way (say, 1 to 2 o'clock), tone about the same spot, and volume to match your clean tone (seems like under half-way, say 10 o'clock?). The absolute best is to get your amp to the point where it almost breaks up on it's own, and then use the TS to push it over the edge, but an HRD is *loud*, and has a fair amount of headroom. But get a TS to drive the power tubes... wow...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.