Comeback solo...

RhynoRhyno Posts: 304
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I grew up playing drums, but always wanted to play guitar. For whatever reason, I never picked it up. Now, finally at the age of 29, I decided I'm going to start playing. So, I got an acoustic a few months ago and took some lessons. I just recently purchased an electric. Anyway, I think the main reason I was drawn to the guitar was the emotion that it stirs inside. I have so many great memories tied to music (as I know so many others do). So, for you guitar players, I am curious, what drew you to the guitar...any special songs that really got you going? For me there's many, but most are pearl jam...recently, the solo in comeback, parachutes, initially it was probably the main riff in Alive, anyway, just curious about others thoughts in this area...what music adds to your life is just amazing!
Cheers!
Rhyno

11/30/1991 ~ 3/25/92 ~ 8/28/92 ~ 6/30/98 ~ 10/8/2000 ~ 6/18/2003 ~ 6/21/2003 ~ 6/26/2006 ~ 6/27/2006 ~ 7/7/2006 ~ 8/5/2007 ~ 6/24/2008 ~ ALPINE VALLEY in '09 ;-)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    dylan... simply dylan.
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I don't know what drew me to guitar, but after I picked it up I soon started playing bass. It was Flea and Timmy C who made me do that. I just love the funk.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • leethalleethal Posts: 134
    Pearl Jam got me into music, but Zeppelin made me pick up the guitar. The gentle strumming of 'That's the Way' did it for me. Yellow Ledbetter also made me want to play, and that got me into Jimi Hendrix.

By the way, good on you for picking up the guitar. Often when you want something for that long and don't get it, you dismiss it completely. You'll surprise yourself at what you can play in just a couple of months. Learning Pearl Jam songs is the best way to start
  • BeavBeav Posts: 223
    Zeppelin, Sabbath and all the early to mid nineties bands made me pick up the guitar. Thanks be to them.
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    i am exactly the same as you mate, except ive been playing for 1 year now and didnt play drums before
    i have learnt to play guitar entirely by playing PJ stuff
    alive riff and alive solo got me into it
    come back solo rocks too

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99