So what is eddie using now amp wise?

louichicklouichick Posts: 13
edited August 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Thought he was using three hot rod deluxes for a while then at wembley there was a deluxe i think! (in the middle) an two smaller blonde Fender combos either side of it (like blues jnrs).
The techs bought them out connected to a plank of wood all 3 of them!
The old setup was used at the astoria and on Jools Holland.
Might have this completely wrong.
But can anybody shed any light on the subject??
www.reedstoneoverboard.webeden.co.uk

www.myspace.com/reedstoneoverboard.com

Wembley 1996
Wembley 2000
Manchester MEN 2000
London Astoria 2006
Prague 2006
Met them 2006(no joke!)
Wembley 2007
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• he's used that rig of 3 since the canada tour 2005 i think, he def had it in south america, jools etc. it looks more classy than the hi-watt.

i'm getting facinated keeping up with mike and stones rigs (that seem to get smaller but louder!) that change nearly every gig!.

i'm just jealous, how cool to have the luxury of picking and choosing from all that gear!

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • he's used that rig of 3 since the canada tour 2005 i think, he def had it in south america, jools etc. it looks more classy than the hi-watt.

quote]

+1
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • But is the bigger central one a hot rod deluxe do you know?
    It looks very similar indeed
    www.reedstoneoverboard.webeden.co.uk

www.myspace.com/reedstoneoverboard.com

Wembley 1996
    Wembley 2000
    Manchester MEN 2000
    London Astoria 2006
    Prague 2006
    Met them 2006(no joke!)
    Wembley 2007
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    They are Fender Deluxes (probably originals 5E3 circuits like Neil Young uses), not Hot Rod Deluxes or Blues Jrs.

They are connected using a Framptone 3 banger amp switcher. I'm not certain how he uses them though he has been playing a gorgeous blue with white racing stripe Dusenberg lately.

The larger one could be a tweed twin
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • From what I can tell, for 05/06 Eddie has been playing two blues deluxes with a tweed twin in the middle(probably a '57)...I can say from experience the blues deluxe reissue is a great amp if your looking to capture Ed's guitar tones. You can get a lot of good tones out of it for not just playing PJ songs but others as well. If your trying to sound like Eddie from the 05/06 I'd suggest turning your tone knobs down a bit depending on your guitar and what song you want to play to get the thicker sound of his soapbar humbuckers.
    PJ
    2000: Camden 2; 2003: Philly Spectrum, Camden 1 & 2, MSG 1&2;
    2004: Reading, VFC; 2005: Borgata 1; 2006: Camden 1&2,
    E. Rutherford 1&2, Gorge 1&2; 2008: Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2,
    Beacon Theater; 2009:Spectrum 2, 3, 4; 2010: MSG 1&2

EV
    8/7/08 Newark NJPAC
  • I heard that just putting your amp settings flat (at 5 or the halfway position), you can get a good PJ tone.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • I watched the lolla performance and I'm not sure if it was the crappy quality of the video or what but ed's tone was pretty thin sounding and bad compared to previous years. It's especially noticeable on Betterman.
    When this just feels like spinning plates.