GuitarTricks.com?

adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
edited November 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I bought a guitar a few months ago and haven't gotten around to learning anything yet. I'm considering lessons but a friend recommended http://www.guitartricks.com. I checked it out and it seems to be a legit site. I'm just curious to see if anybody knows anything about it. They charge $10.95 per month for unlimited access. Any feedback would be appreciated. I don't really have a lot of time to go to lessons so I'm looking at alternatives. I have no musical knowledge whatsoever so I'm a complete beginner. Thanks in advance.
I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Comments

• MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    never heard of the site.

Guitar World magazine has recently been putting out instructional DVDs on a near monthly basis. the instructor is one of their contributing editors, Andy Aledort. about 6 months ago, they had a DVD that was like basic guitar playing, soloing, etc. it had 3 sections: beginner, intermediate, advanced. totaled hours of lessons. I have rented many different guitar DVDs off Netflix and this one by Aledort and Guitar World was BY FAR the best. and I would absolutely recommend it to a beginner over any other DVD or website.

a couple months ago, they had one on blues guitar. also beginner, intermediate, and advanced. by Aledort.

a month or 2 before that, they had lead guitar playing.

each DVD is $10 and comes with an accompanying magazine with tabs. money well spent.

there are a number of FREE instructional sites, so I personally wouldn't pay for one, especially when none of them come close to what GW and Aledort have put out.

if you want to see him play, go on youtube and type in "Andy Aledort".
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    HAve a look at http://www.giventowail.com , they have a pretty cool learn to play section, as well as being THE site for PJ tabs.

Learning guitar by yourself without any human help is going to be a chore, with a lot of wasted effort. Even a few short sessions with an experienced player will save you a lot of dead-ends and get you playing much quicker.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • HAve a look at http://www.giventowail.com , they have a pretty cool learn to play section, as well as being THE site for PJ tabs.

Learning guitar by yourself without any human help is going to be a chore, with a lot of wasted effort. Even a few short sessions with an experienced player will save you a lot of dead-ends and get you playing much quicker.
    +1
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • MLC2006 wrote:
    never heard of the site.

Guitar World magazine has recently been putting out instructional DVDs on a near monthly basis. the instructor is one of their contributing editors, Andy Aledort. about 6 months ago, they had a DVD that was like basic guitar playing, soloing, etc. it had 3 sections: beginner, intermediate, advanced. totaled hours of lessons. I have rented many different guitar DVDs off Netflix and this one by Aledort and Guitar World was BY FAR the best. and I would absolutely recommend it to a beginner over any other DVD or website.

a couple months ago, they had one on blues guitar. also beginner, intermediate, and advanced. by Aledort.

a month or 2 before that, they had lead guitar playing.

each DVD is $10 and comes with an accompanying magazine with tabs. money well spent.

there are a number of FREE instructional sites, so I personally wouldn't pay for one, especially when none of them come close to what GW and Aledort have put out.

if you want to see him play, go on youtube and type in "Andy Aledort".

DEFINITELY CHECK THESE OUT !!

amazing beginner stuff on the blues dvd

now I must find the others.
    This city's so filthy, like my mind in ways!
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I'll have to check them out. I'm probably going to just go with some private lessons to get me started. Thanks for the input.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:
    I'll have to check them out. I'm probably going to just go with some private lessons to get me started. Thanks for the input.

Good idea. Lessons are tre cool !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Hi ,

you should look at this site : http://www.nextlevelguitar.com

It's also a pay site ( some contents are free) but it's seems its very good.
    If you want a preview of the men who put this site up look for " rockongoodpeople" on Youtube.

Greets , Dimi
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Yeh Next Level Guitar seems like an awesome site!