Mark Tremonti

facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
edited September 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ok, I know, I know, I've already started a thread in the other music forum, but nobody seems that interested in listening to the tunes, so maybe you guys who are a bit more technically minded might wanna hear his guitar work on a new Alter Bridge song.

http://media.putfile.com/Alter-Bridge---Buried-Alive

The opening is absolutely blinding, I'm not sure how many songs really open with a solo, but this one is an absolute belter, not to mention the solo at the end which is equally amazing.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• He's an amazing guitarist...I'm just not a fan of Alter Bridge, at all, haha
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • BeavBeav Posts: 223
    He's an amazing guitarist...I'm just not a fan of Alter Bridge, at all, haha

I agree. He's very good. But for some reason I still want to punch him in the face.
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
  • I've always liked Tremonti's music... I've always hated the people who sing it.
    Every Creed/Alter Bridge album has had some amazing music.. it's just gets ruined by the dickheads singing
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    +1
    Though I think he's a bit full of himself nowadays . . . and his "I'm a shredder now, look how fast I can play attitude is a little much.
    Seems like once guys get hooked into that Shred/Thrash mentality/style-of-playing it's all they ever seem to want to play (UNFORTUNATELY).
    It's a little like he felt like he was limited by CREED, and now wants to prove himself to everyone (look how fast I can play - see, I'm a technical player).
    Everything he does for the music magazines is fast SHRED stuff -- it's a little hmmmm, okay -- he just doesn't come off as expressive anymore, just fast.
    I never really minded the vocalists (Stapp/Kennedy -- similar sounding voices), but again their "better than thou" attitudes are a bit off-putting.

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I agree that he is good. Can't argue with that, it's just that there are so many great guitarists out there that don't have the 'i'm soooo awesome attitude', like he does, that i would much rather listen to. I dunno. He just really really irks me.
  • hey, did you guys know that the singer for Alter Bridge was in the movie "Rockstar" with Marky Mark? He was the dude who took Marky Marks place in the band at the end.. Thought that was a funny little fact