Ampeg Bass Cabinet and Head

StuntVedder10StuntVedder10 Posts: 49
edited February 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Just picked up this rig for $300. I have talked to numerous people around some different forums and was told the cab was a very odd setup. It kicks some serious As*. It has 1 15 in the front and one in the back. This was bought from someone who bought it from a guy who worked for Ampeg, the guy who sold it to me said it was never put into production, just a demo model I guess? Anyone ever see something like this?

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m189/ginceguy10/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    That's a new one on me. Is that an SVT head? That head alone would make it an amazing deal if that's an SVT.

Heck, you'd probably spend $300 on replacement 15's if you ever needed them. Good score!
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    cool, It's new to me, The deal was a good one just for the head. That should sound great.

Are they both active or is one a radiator (vibrating speaker cone which helps the cabinet move more air) ?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • goldstargoldstar Posts: 256
    that's an SVT,
    and i find the front-back speaker thing quite interesting,
    and it seems sweet,
    and it's a great deal.
    congrats.
    sign THE petition!!!
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/pearljam_to_israel/index.html

10/03/05 philadelphia
    05/09/06 toronto
    05/10/06 toronto
    06/01/06 e. rutherford
    06/03/06 e. rutherford
    09/30/06 athens
    06/12/07 munich
  • Man that is such a good deal!! Get an 8x10 and ya will be doing some serious rumbling!!
  • Yea, its pretty damn sweet, and yes its an SVT-350T. I believe it is a passive radiator. It thumps and has that class Ampeg tone.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Yea, its pretty damn sweet, and yes its an SVT-350T. I believe it is a passive radiator. It thumps and has that class Ampeg tone.

Great that's what I thought. You should get massive bottom end from that rig.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.