Line 6 Amplifiers ( Elec Guitar )

satansbedbugssatansbedbugs Posts: 2,412
edited April 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Any feelings on Line 6 equipment? Please share because I am looking for a new amplifier for my electric guitar. I was told line 6 makes quality shit, but am hearing different as of late. need some help from the jammers...ty..

dave
*Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016, 2024
Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022, 2023
Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
Baltimore- 2024
DC- 2006, 2008
New York- 2008, 2010
Boston - Fenway 2016 (night 2) , 2024 (night1)
East Rutherford, New Jersey- 2006
Chicago - Lollapalooza 2007
Seattle- Gorge 2005
EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    How much money you willing to spend?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    I wouldn't get a Line 6 amp. They're all solid state and your sound will suffer as a consequence. Answer me these questions three and we can make you a real recommendation:

(1) What kind of music are you playing?
    (2) How serious are you about playing? (ie novice, beginner, intermediate)
    (3) How much cash do you have?
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Line-6 Amplifiers = CRAP
    If you go that route get the Bogner version.
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • Uncle NeilUncle Neil Posts: 176
    Line 6 are solid state amps, I'd stick with a tube amp if I were you. You get a lot nicer sound and better distortion out of them.
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Uncle Neil wrote:
    Line 6 are solid state amps, I'd stick with a tube amp if I were you. You get a lot nicer sound and better distortion out of them.
    Not to mention, better tone. I'm going to side with Uncle Neil on this one.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Dont buy a line 6, i sold mine after 6 months to the guitarist of my old band, he still hasnt paid me for it but i couldnt give a shit, i was gonna throw the amp through a window eventually, i hated it!!! Its looks good and seems attractive to buy but theres A LOT more better options out there even if your on a tight budget, the amp is like a hot girl with a bad personality
  • voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    I also owned a Line 6 Spider....I absolutely hated it. I sold it after a few months and now play through either a Fender Deville or a Blues Deville
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • once worked in a guitar shop and we got a line 6 half stack in and it was awful...the amount of interference from inbuilt effects and just the generally quality.....get a tube amp.......look hard enough and you will find a beauty somewhere like mine .....£90 in a pawn shop!

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell