Pearl Jam Easy to Play?

satansbedbugssatansbedbugs Posts: 2,412
edited February 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
A lot of people are talking saying that PJ is sooo easy to play. Give em some credit ...Ok Ok....wishlist, indifference, immortality are easy , but some are hard like I am Mine, Low Light etc.....Its not always about it being easy to play. Music is about sending a message good or bad using rythemic patterns and kick ass lyrics...right...Neil Young made 30 albums of easy chords and hes one of the best ever...sbb
*Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016, 2024
Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022, 2023
Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
Baltimore- 2024
DC- 2006, 2008
New York- 2008, 2010
Boston - Fenway 2016 (night 2) , 2024 (night1)
East Rutherford, New Jersey- 2006
Chicago - Lollapalooza 2007
Seattle- Gorge 2005
EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Survo-Survo- Posts: 72
    The beatles are even easier to play.
    And no bozo can pick up a guitar and just play a PJ song.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i find I Am Mine easier to play than Indifference :)

other than that i'm confused as to the point of the rant... dont think anyone comes on here and says 'easy' as in "if you lift this thing called a guitar i could show you Wishlist in 10minutes" and if they did then the person playing the guitar thing would still sound shit!!

guitar is never easy.. at least not for me
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Phew... I thought this was going to be another thread about what PJ songs are easiest to play. I am very patient about those kinds of threads, but it starts to wear thin. :)
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I'm not sure PJ is "easy" to play. Yeah, they have some songs that aren't overly complex, but c'mon.
    Given any tab and some time, I'm pretty sure I can play almost any song buy anyone.
  • Easy to play? NIRVANA--great band but Kurt loves his power chords...
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy