New Fender Jaguar/Jazzmaster

keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
edited June 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've always wanted one of these.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Classic-Jaguar-Special-HH-Electric-Guitar?sku=518749

Gas Attack!!! Convient timing, seeing as I'm looking for a 2 HB guitar atm.
Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    not a bad price at all for that beauty! i say go for it! (i wish i could) :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I've always wanted one of these.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Classic-Jaguar-Special-HH-Electric-Guitar?sku=518749

Gas Attack!!! Convient timing, seeing as I'm looking for a 2 HB guitar atm.

oh yeah that's cool. You should go for it. you know you want to :)
  • journeymanjourneyman Posts: 135
    Do it. It's HH. As in Holy Hell, dual humbucker.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    oh yeah that's cool. You should go for it. you know you want to :)
    I need to save up the cash and play one, but ya. I think so.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Buy it, remove humbuckers, insert P-90's :-)
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    cool. almost looks like the cobain jaguar.

fender japan makes/made a cobain jag replica for japan only.

i'm getting bitter though that there's umpteen variations of the jag and nothing left-handed. i can find one from japan on ebay but it's the principle of the thing. there should be at least a couple lefty models available in the US/canada. fender really sucks when it comes to lefties.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Says the guy with (last I checked) two lefty Mustangs (not easy to come by)! ;)
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • RAT!RAT! Posts: 115
    hmm..... tempting. i've been wanting a jaguar for a while.
    Damn. I'd have to rewire it though. I want two tone knobs.
    Novawind wrote:
    Says the guy with (last I checked) two lefty Mustangs (not easy to come by)! ;)

i had one. i sold it. because i'm an idiot. and also because i had to atone for G.A.S. sins in the eyes of my wife.

i did buy and store away righty mustangs for my two kids though.

i want another one someday.
    does anyone know if these are japan or mexican made?
    RAT! wrote:
    does anyone know if these are japan or mexican made?
    Mexican.
    thanks! i really don't need one of these but i really want one
    RAT! wrote:
    thanks! i really don't need one of these but i really want one
    Same!
    exhausted wrote:
    i had one. i sold it. because i'm an idiot. and also because i had to atone for G.A.S. sins in the eyes of my wife.

i did buy and store away righty mustangs for my two kids though.

i want another one someday.

Ah that sucks. Every GAS'ers motto should be "never sell anything" with the addendum "unless your wife threatens you under pain of death." :D

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
    Novawind wrote:
    Ah that sucks. Every GAS'ers motto should be "never sell anything" with the addendum "unless your wife threatens you under pain of death." :D

yeah, i think it was around the time that i'd bought my 52 tele too. i can't really remember. which tells you what a gear problem i had. i can't even remember what i bought that required other things to be be sold etc. i'd also gotten into kit amps around that time too etc. etc.

i've been good lately. haven't bought anything in three months. of course, i haven't played in two months. probably related.
    The last thing I bought was a tuner about 7 weeks ago, before that was the volume pedal I got as a gift for valentine's day. I think I'm about due for a BYOC kit or something like that.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
    Novawind wrote:
    The last thing I bought was a tuner about 7 weeks ago, before that was the volume pedal I got as a gift for valentine's day. I think I'm about due for a BYOC kit or something like that.

the canadian BYOC distributor is having a 6 for 4 sale right now. it's all i can do to resist ordering but i know i won't play them, i'll just build.
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    exhausted wrote:
    yeah, i think it was around the time that i'd bought my 52 tele too. i can't really remember. which tells you what a gear problem i had. i can't even remember what i bought that required other things to be be sold etc. i'd also gotten into kit amps around that time too etc. etc.

i've been good lately. haven't bought anything in three months. of course, i haven't played in two months. probably related.

It WAS the 52 tele, I think! :D I guess I've been around here for a bit!

I like the Jaguar for the single coil pickups, though, like All Those Yesterdays said.

One of my current favorite guitar players sure knows how to work one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STvoZMkpRpY&feature=related
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

I like the Jaguar for the single coil pickups, though, like All Those Yesterdays said.

cant wait for lolla! if i thought simply buying the same guitar would allow me to play that well id buy it in a second! :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • I have the Black Jag HH and love it. I was at GC yesterday and played that Special HH through a used UK-made AC30/6TB, I wanted to buy both on the spot.
    Birmingham, AL 03SEP98
    Atlanta, GA 07AUG00
    Washington, DC 30MAY06
    Lollapalooza 05AUG07
    EV San Diego, CA 15/16APR08
    *** Washington, DC 22JUN08 -- Ready to win the lottery! ***
  • Nels Cline is the reason I want one so bad!
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • clk019clk019 Posts: 88
    I have the Black Jag HH and love it. I was at GC yesterday and played that Special HH through a used UK-made AC30/6TB, I wanted to buy both on the spot.

Do you regret buying the black HH at all. I bought mine in April, and just saw the reissues and felt a little cheap and feel like I should have gotten one of these.... I think the black and chrome has a better bridge and tailpiece... but there's something about the reissue that looks a heck of a lot more authentic... ya know?
    So held by these thoughts
    They refuse to slip away
    Hangman in dreamland
    About to call your name
    Much to be done
    Much to be

07/26/98, 10/08/00, 06/21/03, 09/09/05, 05/16/06, 05/17/06 – (WOW), 05/19/06 – (DOUBLE WOW), 05/20/06, 08/05/07, 06/17/08, 05/07/10, 11/23/13, 11/24/13, 10/20/14 – (THE MOST MAGICAL THING EVER), 11/14/16 – (Temple of the Dog), 05/09/22. Coming Soon: 08/29/24 and 08/31/24.

• Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • That's funny... I'm currently caretaking a Jaguar HH for a friend of mine (he's off travelling for an indeterminate period of time).

He got one of the Japanese-market models, he's a sucker for sunburst guitars and the US-market HH model doesn't come in sunburst. His guitar has a stop tailpiece and a Fender version of a Tune-o-Matic bridge. He also swapped the Fender HB's for a Gibson Classic 57 in the neck and a Classic 57 Plus in the bridge. It's a killer guitar, great tones.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • SEXY!!!
    Dear Lord, that's the prettiest and sexiest colour for a guitar EVER...did the headstock come like that, too?
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
    Dear Lord, that's the prettiest and sexiest colour for a guitar EVER...did the headstock come like that, too?

Yes. A lot of japanese market jags, jazzes and even some mustangs have the matching headstocks. Fender japan does it right.

The colour is called old lake placid blue which is more grey than the usual lake placid.

this one is a 2002 but it's mint. I will be putting proper jag pickups in it someday.

And maybe someday I'll find a jazzmaster in old candy apple red.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175

I guess he goes alright ;)