Somebody Tell Mike!

keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i think this guy is hosing!

yeah alot of the parts are vintage, but it doesn't add up. The neck is a reproduction, you can tell by the sticker on the headstock, the "e" in "Fender" has a sharp edge on the very top line, originals are rounded. Also the plastic...the knobs are bakelite, the pickgaurd is yellowing/minting up. so the pickgaurd i believe has been replaced, but they shouldve got a bakelite one so it wouldn't fade. the body is old, and original finish, with a date under the tremelo system (which has two to many springs), and then someone wrote in pen (not pencil) on the neck the corresponding date. it still has a 3 way switch... but this guy has claimed its 100% original. Really watch when buying guitars like this...also no one has bid, thats a sign...to alot of peopel minor changes dont matter like this but amatuer collectors shoudl be weary of these strats, cause they are fairly easy to reproduce...

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    i think this guy is hosing!

yeah alot of the parts are vintage, but it doesn't add up. The neck is a reproduction, you can tell by the sticker on the headstock, the "e" in "Fender" has a sharp edge on the very top line, originals are rounded. Also the plastic...the knobs are bakelite, the pickgaurd is yellowing/minting up. so the pickgaurd i believe has been replaced, but they shouldve got a bakelite one so it wouldn't fade. the body is old, and original finish, with a date under the tremelo system (which has two to many springs), and then someone wrote in pen (not pencil) on the neck the corresponding date. it still has a 3 way switch... but this guy has claimed its 100% original. Really watch when buying guitars like this...also no one has bid, thats a sign...to alot of peopel minor changes dont matter like this but amatuer collectors shoudl be weary of these strats, cause they are fairly easy to reproduce...

I didn't look into it too much, but I saw it and thought I'd post it. You're the strat expert.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • ledhed43ledhed43 Posts: 114
    he doesnt want any questions about the discrepancies you mentioned. nice. and he said he had to trade a guitar owned by dave gilmour to finance it. right. somebody sold a ghost in a jar on ebay just cause they could bs enough.
    Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best.

~Frank Zappa