The search is over!

keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
So, I walk into Long and Mcquade with my dad today, not looking to buy anything, just to look around, and try out some of the tube amps. Well, right in front of me I saw a Traynor YCV80Q. It was beat up a little bit, some rips in the tolex. Then I saw the price... $350 Canadian! I was in shock. I played it a bit and now have a new amp!
Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Congrats 2 you man, A fine little amp for a fine little price. Traynors are known for their wicked clean sounds, though I could never find one that I could get a distortion that I liked....then again I never tried that hard. Enjoy your new amp man! Awesome deal
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • jeez...the 80? a bit loud eh?

good luck!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    The 80 will just give you a good excuse to get an attenuator.

Nice find!
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • jeez...the 80? a bit loud eh?

good luck!

It's fuckin loud! But it also sounds fantastic at low volumes. They also had a 40 there for $279 but I thought, what the hell, get the big one. I just can't believe the price. It's a rental return apparantly, but everything checks out.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    for the most part, i love L&M.
  • Sometimes the guys at L&M are a little prickish, but most of the time they're cool. Besides, today since the used footswitch wasn't working dude threw in a new one.
    Sometimes the guys at L&M are a little prickish, but most of the time they're cool. Besides, today since the used footswitch wasn't working dude threw in a new one.

luckily, i've been buying from pretty much the same dude for 11 years now. a couple guys have been less than nice over the years but they never seem to last long.
  • The next thing I'm looking for is some sorta road-case with wheels type thing. Any suggestions?
    i don't know much about road cases except they're expensive and heavy.

http://stores.ebay.ca/Angstrom-Cases

these guys are canadian....
  • exhausted wrote:
    i don't know much about road cases except they're expensive and heavy.

http://stores.ebay.ca/Angstrom-Cases

these guys are canadian....

i second Angstrom cases. Ive never owned a road case, but i know peopel with Angstrom cases, they are great. They have a case for almost every common amp.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • It's weird, after I play it for a while, I hear a crackly noise, then it goes away. Any idea what it is?
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Maybe the tubes need changing.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • That's what I was thinking *sigh* any reccomendations on tubes?