New MXR Overdrive

keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=266&pmh=products/p_and_e_detail

Looks very interesting. Obviously a shot at the tubescreamer (green paint) but I have a Dynacomp and love it. Anyone ever play one of these.
Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i may try it honestly...dunlop says 159$? I bet it will go for 129$ or so
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    http://www.musictoyz.com/guitar/pedals/ca.php

also built by Jim Dunlop and MXR, by the original founder of MXR....

Bob Bradshaw, that you might know from Custom Audio Electronics and some of the baddest switching components on the planet.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I'm thinkin about this to go with the tube amp I'm buying eventually.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    I'm thinkin about this to go with the tube amp I'm buying eventually.

How's that goin' by the way ??
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
    How's that goin' by the way ??

I'm playin the Traynors tonight! My dad is still pushing me to get a 212...
  • I'm playin the Traynors tonight! My dad is still pushing me to get a 212...

crank those babies to a volume of 2 or 3 and play em!!....

at those volumes I recommend these settings:
    overdrive
    Gain 7
    Treble 5
    Bass 7
    Mids 4

clean
    treble 5.5
    bass 4.5
    mids 6

you will notice, the louder the volume...the less treble
    the lower the volume, more treble

at a loud volume, keep the presence down...at a low volume keep the presence up

i like my reverb around 3-5
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    crank those babies to a volume of 2 or 3 and play em!!....

at those volumes I recommend these settings:
    overdrive
    Gain 7
    Treble 5
    Bass 7
    Mids 4

clean
    treble 5.5
    bass 4.5
    mids 6

you will notice, the louder the volume...the less treble
    the lower the volume, more treble

at a loud volume, keep the presence down...at a low volume keep the presence up

i like my reverb around 3-5

I don't know what it is... He says you need the volume on stage with 212s... Yet he tells me to turn down? Right now I have a Crate GT212, hence the buying the tube amp... Hopefully by the end of summer.
  • I don't know what it is... He says you need the volume on stage with 212s... Yet he tells me to turn down? Right now I have a Crate GT212, hence the buying the tube amp... Hopefully by the end of summer.

212s means 2 12 inch speakers in the combo....he is absolutely wrong...sorry to break the news to you but he is wrong is about 95% of the stuff you have said he has said

the YCV40WR and the 50BLUE have 1 12inch speaker in it and it is LOUD, you will see and so will your dad....

if you are playing clubs and pubs the amp will amost blow them away...but if you are playing to a pretty big place place that holds around 2000 people or so, they are going to put a microphone infront of your amp regardless how loud your amp is
    212s means 2 12 inch speakers in the combo....he is absolutely wrong...sorry to break the news to you but he is wrong is about 95% of the stuff you have said he has said

the YCV40WR and the 50BLUE have 1 12inch speaker in it and it is LOUD, you will see and so will your dad....

if you are playing clubs and pubs the amp will amost blow them away...but if you are playing to a pretty big place place that holds around 2000 people or so, they are going to put a microphone infront of your amp regardless how loud your amp is

I know I know... Again, when he was in highschool in a band he had a Marshall FULL STACK. I think he's still got the old train of thought.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I know I know... Again, when he was in highschool in a band he had a Marshall FULL STACK. I think he's still got the old train of thought.

Walk through the PA room, introduce him to the Sennheiser E609 and say, dad, I know how you guys did it, that's why Pete Townsend has Tinitus, we have really good PA's now we even run the drums through them.

And then say, you know how you know if the stage is level? The drummer drools out of both sides of his mouth....:D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Walk through the PA room, introduce him to the Sennheiser E609 and say, dad, I know how you guys did it, that's why Pete Townsend has Tinitus, we have really good PA's now we even run the drums through them.

And then say, you know how you know if the stage is level? The drummer drools out of both sides of his mouth....:D

hahahaha... I may have convinced him. More in my other thread.