Fender Deluxe Players Strat

keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
edited December 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
What are the thoughts on this guitar? Looks damn good, plus the noiseless pickups?
Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    The American Deluxe? S-1 switching?

Freaking fantastic guitar.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Paco knows! :D

I have one,,, Deluxe that is, and it's the best Strat I've ever had and that's quite a few!
    You can get a lot of sounds out of the S-1 switching. That and the tone controls help you get some of the texas special sounds, too, if that's what you're looking for. It takes a while to tweak your sounds, but well worth it.
    It's a really versatile guitar, and it's one of my favorite necks, too.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    no, he's talking about the, i think, even better deal where it's a 62 body and neck with bigger frets and the SCNs/S1 of an american deluxe.
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    Actually the term Fender Deluxe Players Strat would refer to a Mexican made guitar.

Such as seen here!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Deluxe-Players-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=511597
    wow both of those are pretty nice.

I like the 12" radius (though I prefer 10) it's probably a little wider and flatter than the average strat neck so depending on your playing style you might like that. The big frets will help you bend notes more easily. the Vintage Noisless pups are ok but the new SCN's are better in my opinion. The blade switch is nice to give a few more options, the S-1 again that much more of an upgrade.

If you want it go for it, it looks cool to me, I think it's an update of the older deluxe strat.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • It is an update of the older deluxe strat. It looks different then every other strat, which I think is cool. This would be almost a second guitar, but if I get the cash, I don't see why I wouldn't pick one of these up.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Haha,, I STILL don't know which one you're talking about. The Fender catalog is getting too complicated for my brain! :D

If you're a barre chord player, the 12 inch radius may be kind of flat. You may want to feel it before you buy it. Like Paco, I'm more of a 9 1/2 to 10 inch radius user.
    Be kind, man

Rosewood (p/n 013-3000) or Maple (p/n 013-3002), 12” Radius (305mm)
  • sennin wrote:
    http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0133000327

Rosewood (p/n 013-3000) or Maple (p/n 013-3002), 12” Radius (305mm)

I see now,,,, I had it confused with the Deluxe Fender Player 62,,,,, or maybe the Limited Edition American Deluxe with SCN samarium cobalt S-1 Switching,,

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Limited-Edition-Deluxe-Vintage-Player-62-Stratocaster?sku=511986&src=3WNTWXX

Or the Fender Limited Edition Anniversary Special Players American Noiseless Mexi Plutonium powered Rosewood SRV-Hendrix 1962 Blending Potted Claptonian TVX Midrange Boost Floyd Rose SCN S-1 switching and 12" Vintage multiple Radii!
    I think it's only available in Tobacco Ash :cool:

But NOW I understand! :D

Thanks for clearing that up!
    Be kind, man

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Limited-Edition-Deluxe-Vintage-Player-62-Stratocaster?sku=511986&src=3WNTWXX

Or the Fender Limited Edition Anniversary Special Players American Noiseless Mexi Plutonium powered Rosewood SRV-Hendrix 1962 Blending Potted Claptonian TVX Midrange Boost Floyd Rose SCN S-1 switching and 12" Vintage multiple Radii!

Think it's available in Avodire with a Tobacco Ash Multi-Sunburst Faded finish?
    I see now,,,, I had it confused with the Deluxe Fender Player 62,,,,, or maybe the Limited Edition American Deluxe with SCN samarium cobalt S-1 Switching,,

:D Claptonian....LOL. You forgot the sustainer circuit Bob and the hidden fuzz factory and therimin under the pickguard....powered by the plutonium of course.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    :D Claptonian....LOL. You forgot the sustainer circuit Bob and the hidden fuzz factory and therimin under the pickguard....powered by the plutonium of course.

Fender Limited Edition Anniversary Special Players American Noiseless Mexi Plutonium powered Rosewood SRV-Hendrix 1962 Blending Potted Claptonian TVX Midrange Boost Floyd Rose SCN S-1 switching and 12" Vintage multiple Radii Sustainer Fuzz Avodire Faded with patented "Aging Rocker Nitro finish"
    I think that costs extra though!

Multiburst would be great, but that's what I hear when the drug dealers have a turf war a couple of blocks away from me!
    DUCK!!!
    Be kind, man
    the curvature of the fretboard. generally, modern necks are flatter.
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    I hear the 12 inch radius, what does that mean exactly?

the "D"/"C" shaped curve of the neck.
    Fender Limited Edition Anniversary Special Players American Noiseless Mexi Plutonium powered Rosewood SRV-Hendrix 1962 Blending Potted Claptonian TVX Midrange Boost Floyd Rose SCN S-1 switching and 12" Vintage multiple Radii Sustainer Fuzz Avodire Faded with patented "Aging Rocker Nitro finish"
    I think that costs extra though!

Multiburst would be great, but that's what I hear when the drug dealers have a turf war a couple of blocks away from me!
    DUCK!!!

Still, I'd only want a faded finish if it were naturally faded by moon light only.

It is a "players" guitar after all.

*ducks*
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    sennin wrote:
    the "D"/"C" shaped curve of the neck.

There's a difference in the shape of the back of the neck, thats what C shap, or V shape or any other letter and a shape refer to. =) The radius is what Ex said, the curvature of the actual fretboard. My SG has a 12" whereas my Strat has a 9.5", so the Strat has some more curve to it, whereas the SG has less. I hope this makes sense. At this point I'm confusing myself!
  • I hear the 12 inch radius, what does that mean exactly?

Across the fretboard, parallel to the frets.

If you were to draw a 24 inch wide circle, that would be the curve of the fretboard on a 12 inch radius.
    That goes down to 7 1/2 inch on older models. It's basically is rounder than the 12 inch radius. It's easy to wrap your hands around a smaller radius, but the strings tend to note out on higher frets when you bend strings. You can raise the action higher if you bend a lot on older necks, and that's what a lot of players do.
    Flatter radiussesses,,, radii, :D are popular because you can get lower action if that's what you want. And that's what most guitarists want these days.
    Be kind, man

If you were to draw a 24 inch wide circle, that would be the curve of the fretboard on a 12 inch radius.
    That goes down to 7 1/2 inch on older models. It's basically is rounder than the 12 inch radius. It's easy to wrap your hands around a smaller radius, but the strings tend to note out on higher frets when you bend strings. You can raise the action higher if you bend a lot on older necks, and that's what a lot of players do.
    Flatter radiussesses,,, radii, :D are popular because you can get lower action if that's what you want. And that's what most guitarists want these days.

Thanks for the info! I'll hopefully be playing a few this weekend... When I get the cash, I'll pick one up.
  • sennin wrote:

Thanks!