Wah

keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
edited January 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
So, my Original Crybaby that I've had a couple of years decided to be scratchy on me today. It basically has a little crackle when it hits one point. Anyone have any clue what it is? I have no clue when it comes to this stuff, so I came here. Also, if it contiunes like this, any reccomendations on an upgrade?

Thanks
Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    try some wd40 or proper eletrical contact cleaner. spray it into the pot and work it a bit and see if that clears it up.

if it doesn't, a new pot is a cheap fix if you like the wah itself.
  • I owned one of these for a couple of days but returned it because i needed the cash. Always planned on buying it again. So many stories of these crapping out on people. I hear how much the 535Q is light years better, but way too much for me. I've even heard people say that those go goofy after a while. UN-ACCEPTABLE!
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Ya, I've thought about going to the Vox Mccoy or the 535Q. I dunno, we'll see.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • the potentiometer, inside (giant volume knob) got twisted. just figure out what position its in when your toe is down, and then move the potentiometer that direction. That might work
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy