SKB Pedalboard

keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
edited July 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I know I started a thread forever ago but it seems to have dissapeared. I'm looking at ordering one of these:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/SKB-PS45-Professional-Pedalboard?sku=544735

Basically for convience. I'd just need to get a few more cables and I'd be all set for pedals. Good idea, bad idea?
Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I know I started a thread forever ago but it seems to have dissapeared. I'm looking at ordering one of these:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/SKB-PS45-Professional-Pedalboard?sku=544735

Basically for convience. I'd just need to get a few more cables and I'd be all set for pedals. Good idea, bad idea?

Nice Piece, friend has the same thing. He loves it.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i used to have the PS-25 model and thought the power supply was kind of noisy but this one looks a lot better.
  • westsidepiewestsidepie Posts: 627
    I know I started a thread forever ago but it seems to have dissapeared. I'm looking at ordering one of these:

I have this board. There are things I like about it and things I don't. If you set your pedals up correctly so the cover fits, it is really convienent for transporting the board. I managed to get quite a few pedals on it. I have boss sized pedals, an EH reverb, a Vodoo Labs tremelo, a Dunlop 525 Q wah pedal, and a Valvulator (from VHT amplification).

I don't use the loops, because with my Dual Recto, they generate a ground loop producing a lot of hum. I don't really miss the loops, so it's not a big deal. The power supply for the pedals is good too.

HTH

...pie
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Good to know!

The board has been ordered and I'm gonna pick it up on the weekend. The price is a little steep, but I've been talking about it forever and finally just thought 'might as well do it'.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    I like the look of those powered boards. If I was going out gigging, I would certainly get one.

I don't think you will regret it.
    Music is not a competetion.
    Even just for jamming at friends, and hopefully gigging soon.
  • westsidepiewestsidepie Posts: 627
    I just noticed that the number of Boss pedals I am able to fit on the board did not make it into my original post, plus two other. Here they are, just so you can get an idea of how much you can actually fit on it.

EQ GE-7
    Digital Delay DD-3
    Chorus Ensemble CE-5
    Compressor sustainer CS-3
    Metal Zone MT-2
    Chromatic Tuner
    also

Ibanez TS9DX
    MXR Phase 90

...pie
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Even just for jamming at friends, and hopefully gigging soon.

I don't play out of home much, but if I do, I usually just take my Lonestar combo and no pedals at all.
    The OD channel on that is all I need, and the clean has tone to burn.
    Music is not a competetion.
    I just noticed that the number of Boss pedals I am able to fit on the board did not make it into my original post, plus two other. Here they are, just so you can get an idea of how much you can actually fit on it.

EQ GE-7
    Digital Delay DD-3
    Chorus Ensemble CE-5
    Compressor sustainer CS-3
    Metal Zone MT-2
    Chromatic Tuner
    also

Ibanez TS9DX
    MXR Phase 90

...pie
    I taped out the dimensions on my foor, to figure out how it'd work.

Dunlop Volume
    Crybaby
    Rotovibe
    MXR Dynacomp
    Boss CE-5
    Amp Footswitch

Maybe my delay. But I may sell it.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Sell your delay? Dear God, why?!

To each his own I guess, delay's probably my favorite effect after a good overdrive.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
    I just don't use my delay enough to justify it being there.

Pics will be up when its done. It I've sorta tested it, but is it really hard to hit pedals on the second level if its flat?