Dunlop Volume

keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
edited July 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
So, my Dunlop volume pedal WILL NOT go to zero volume, is there anyway to fix this?
Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Adjust the capacitor or the pot. Just move it down I think. I'm shit with termonology. Basically when it's at the closest to zero, move it farther down.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    And how would you do that? (sorry, I don't know any of this).
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • JoooooshJooooosh Posts: 74
    It's probably the taper pot that needs adjusting. I'm not familiar with dunlops, but there should be a gear you can adjust -- just make sure the pot isn't stopped when the pedal is either all the way down or all the way up, else you could break it. If you understand that, basically, the pot should never be completely turned to one side or the other -- so you can probably never get it to zero volume, but with some tweaking you can probably get it close enough.

Maybe a close up picture and I'd be able to help you more, else there's not much more I can say -- maybe try calling dunlop tech support.
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Jooooosh wrote:
    It's probably the taper pot that needs adjusting. I'm not familiar with dunlops, but there should be a gear you can adjust -- just make sure the pot isn't stopped when the pedal is either all the way down or all the way up, else you could break it. If you understand that, basically, the pot should never be completely turned to one side or the other -- so you can probably never get it to zero volume, but with some tweaking you can probably get it close enough.

Maybe a close up picture and I'd be able to help you more, else there's not much more I can say -- maybe try calling dunlop tech support.
    Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Open up the pedal and just gently twist it
    And you should be okay. DON'T TWIST IT TOO MUCH. Have the guitar and pedal plugged in though. This way, you can hear better, the progress...(was that sentence english?)
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy